Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Members

The writing is very, very organic. It is how it should be. Very few stuff is forced these days in Genoa City. It all develops at its own pace, and its nice the writing rewards viewers with slight references to recent story points that the casual viewer would never pick up on.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Victor even capable of loving any woman? He owns them. He never respects them as equals. Just as he gives, he taketh away. Yeah, he's God in his head. God of the universe.

I think Nick is capable of loving a woman in the right way. He definitely hasn't exhibited that recently, and perhaps has never, but he will be. Cassie's death, I think, is finally behind him. He'll be able to love someone eventually, whether it's Phyllis or Sharon, who knows.

But I hope to God-- oops, I mean, Victor-- it's not Amber or Heather. <_<

If I make a bad suggestion, I'd say Chloe. :lol:

Exactly.

• Members

I hate when women even soap ones are called whores. Even if she slept with all the males in GC, Sharon is not a whore. Promiscuity is not a crime. In this particular situation, Sharon is sick. She is in the middle of mental breakdown. She is acting compulsively and having blackouts. She needs mental help treatment. I'm with Josh Marrow on this one. What the hell is the compassion for Sharon?

• Members

That is a GREAT interview. So good, in fact, that I think I may be coming around to Mark's view of Joshua Morrow as an underrated actor. It is clear he puts a lot of thought into his performances, without bigging himself up as some Great Thespian.

LOL at his line "My role on the show is clearly defined. I show up, I generally take my shirt off and say my lines."

He is also quite honest and direct re: Sharon Case and his wife and GL and the state of Daytime. Refreshing.

• Members

Sharon gets no compassion from me. None at all.

Nor does Phyliss.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being a whore. and most of the time i love the whores and sluts of daytime. But Sharon is a whore who tries to act all innocent and pure. When she isnt. The reason she gets no compassion from me is this... From the moment i started Y&R i have seen Sharon be nothing more than needy and desperate. And not in a compelling soapy kind of way. I fond nothing about her thats rootable.

I hate her. HATE her.

That said, for the first time ever Sharon case is a believable actress with this storyline and i am LOVING it.

• Members

I hate that word, too. I only use it in conjunction with Jill's beautiful hair in the 80s and 90s -- the Whore Hair. And I totally mean it as a compliment!

And ITA about Sharon having a mental breakdown. All this cackling with glee over Sharon having slept with Billy AND Nick. Have any of you checked out B&B?! Or ABC with its numerous SLs built around "grief sex"? It is clear that Sharon is going through severe mental distress. Half the time she is already blind-drunk. The sex is like a painkiller addiction -- a means to block out pain, whether perceived or real.

• Members

ITA! I can't stand the way Nick is going back and forth between and two but at least he isn't like his father.

Just an observation, Kevin Schmidt is such a great young actor, a natural. I really felt sorry for Noah today and Victor is so incapable of compassion!

• Members

I think that has more to do with bias... Sharon lovers defend her, Sharon haters call her all the names in the book. Personally, I am not taking either Phyllis, or Sharon's side... I think they're both fucked up, in their own different ways, and that's why I enjoy them so much. Sharon Case has been doing an amazing job, and Sharon as a character is really compelling. Self-medicating with sex... just amazing. :lol:

Archived