Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I'm so glad she has someone. Poor Michael, though. He really is the emotional core of this huge, dysfunctional group of people. How on earth can he hold it together with all the support he has to muster.

In general, in all aspects of life, I have an issue with bias. Truly, and this is just my opinion, I feel many of you don't give Morrow credit for playing a real man...an ordinary guy who's not particularly verbal or introspective...and how he usually tries to do his best to pick his way through the moral complexities of life. He's failing right now, but I generally admire him when he tries. If I want my showy grand thespian, I have CJL or Bergman or Rikaart. If I want my fratboy Mr. Happy, I have Billy Miller or Michael Graziadei. If I want my mannered-but-beautifully-consistent portrayal, I have Eric Braeden. And so on.

In Morrow I get (a little inconsistent with his character's silver spoon background, but that's been a casting issue from day one) a truck driving (we recently learned) everyman...a grunt...who loves his women and his children. For Nick, it is hard to emote...which is why he was so unavailable after Cassie's death...and which is why when he does break through (Cassie's death, final entranceway divorce moment with Sharon, Nick van Winkle learns Cassie has died) it is so touching.

I generally get a good read on what Nick is thinking. That tells me Morrow is doing his job, albeit in an unaffected manner. Nick...more than almost any guy on the show...reminds me of the men I grew up with, the men in my family, the men I interact with work. For conveying such realism, what you might call "understated performances" (which I realize some of you will more unkindly call non-performances), he usually earns my highest praise.

That said, right now I hate Nick for causing such pain.

• Members

Me either, Amber is at her best when she's with Mrs. C.

What about the 12 year olds? Many long time viewers started watching in our pre-teens and I've even seen some admit to watching as early as 7 or 8.

What woman, in their right mind anyways, would ALLOW their husbands to do this? They are writing all of these women as being weakened by the men in their lives. It would serve Nick right if BOTH of them left him.

Whenever you have a "hair model" in a pairing with a strong actor, usually the better actor's acting does suffer.

I'm not sure what their intention was but that's all I could think of was remembering when Dru did that and actually how much better acted it was then.

I thought she did much better in today's US episode.

• Members

Yo, Rowell went over the edge and never came back in that scene. She was completely over the top. But Phyllis is more calculating than Dru, which is what we witnessed as Phyllis's conniving plan came to life. I much rather a conniving jealous wife than a completely off-the-cuff lunatic. Crazy people who plan are so much more fun on soaps. We've seen how characters who don't think (GLORIA) bring about a stellar soap's rapid destruction.

I'm sick of the who's really K's daughter talk, too. Seriously, let's just hope that she's died a long long time ago and didn't have any children. Please. This whole storyline was done to put that whole blasphemous history rewrite to rest. Let's put the resolution to rest.

Joshua's Joshua. He's bad but not the worst. It is a shame that he doesn't bring it but I'm not gonna complain. He's so much better than he was and he's not an utter eyesore like other ingenues in the cast.

• Members

Agreed. It's there, in the show's back pocket, if anybody ever wants to look into it wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay down the line, should they run out of story ideas for the Chancellors. But I'm not interested in revisiting it now. We just got the history fixed. Just let it lie.

• Members

I can't believe Sharon's attitude about the books "thank goodness Micheal is such a great lawyer, otherwise Eden could have had a criminal record which might affect her for life." No real remorse, lucky me and lucky her for having Micheal. I might have felt something for her if she said, "I owe that girl an apology. Letting her take the fall for something I did must have been very traumatic. She could have gone to jail and had a criminal record follow her for life if it wasn't for Micheal." She really doesn't think of anyone other than herself which is why I really want to see her have to pay for all this stealing. I bet they are going to pin it all on Phyllis and let her get away scott free with the sympathy of most in town. Oh poor Sharon, she's had a tough year.

I don't want Amber to be Kay's grand-daughter either. I have always found that the relationships you forge can be just as strong as the ones you are born into. Let Kay's friends remain just that, her friends.

• Members

I groaned when Sharon confessed to taking those things. Why???? Why is no one looking at the hotel tapes to see who was in sharon's room? We know they have from the Carmen Mesta case. Don't get sloppy MAB.

I offically HATE Heather. I don't want her to leave the show, but I want her to get fired, again. She's just a mean valley girl who has no interest whatsover in justice, just prosecution. Wasn't Christine Blair once ADA or something like that? She seemed to want to get to the truth, unlike Heather.

Loved Michael quitting on Sharon when she realized she stole the books from the library.

By the way - I met the actor who plays Det. Gill (Cassius) at a coffee house in North Hollywood the other day. Really cool guy! Laid back and smooth just like he is on TV. I like how he plays the detective role as conscientious and calm even when he has to get aggressive. He asked that his fans write the show and ask for more Detective Gill - where should I write to? Do they have an e-mail address? He gave me some dirt on a few actresses but I promised i wouldn't tell......for a while! Hehe..

Archived