Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Members

There is no point in un-doing the mistake of having Jill and Kay as mother and daughter only to go and re-do that mistake with Gloria or Nikki or anyone else on canvas. If they want to introduce a daughter, bring on a new character.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Fisher/Bladwins (Gloria, especially) are like parasites that suck the life out of anything they come into contract with. I do not need them tied to someone I love, like Katherine, for life.

Gloria as Katherine's daughter is as bad, if not worse, than Jill as Katherine's daughter.

• Members

I'm gonna shout from the rooftops, okay? Just once. Forgive me.

I FEEL IN MY BONES THAT GLORIA IS KATHERINE'S REAL DAUGHTER!!

This story doesn't serve Gloria...ultimately, she does not deserve a mother like Kay. (But, not having had Kay explains a great deal about why Gloria is the way she is). BUT MICHAEL AND ESPECIALLY KEVIN DESERVE A GRANDMOTHER LIKE KATHERINE. I honestly believe, if that could be true, Kevin might ... maybe ... finally get past all this.

The only implication: Mac and Kevin better not hook up, or she'll be doing ANOTHER cousin!

We'll see how Mac and Kevin proceed. If the writers move them in a romantic direction, we'll know that Gloria is not Kay's daughter. But I'm betting Mac will just be a supportive friend...respectful of his marriage to Jana.

Once, more, with feeling:

I FEEL IN MY BONES THAT GLORIA IS KATHERINE'S REAL DAUGHTER!!

• Members

You know what, I'll drop it.

But here's another point I've been pondering. In the end, it DOESN'T MATTER if Gloria is Kay's daughter. Because it is becoming very clear to me that, regardless of biology, Kay is becoming a kind of mom/grandma to Amber and Kevin. Murphy even said so...so I don't care about the blood ties.

• Members

I do not understand how anyone could love Gloria. Who can feel any sympathy for a woman the runs back to a man that treats her like crap repeatedly - and her fans blame Jeffrey for that!?!?

Who can feel symapthy for such a one-note monster that repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over and never pays? Mark apparently loves character growth, where has Gloria's "growth" been?

Who can feel sympathy for a woman that continues to use her children as a means of getting out of problems she causes?

I DO NOT GET IT!

• Members

I don't really want to ever know who Katherine's daughter is, personally. Or Jill's mother. (Really - who cares who Jill's mother is? I love my 80's year olds, but I don't really need a new one introduced)

But I love the idea of Katherine and Murphy as foster-grandparents to Kevin. I don't see anything wrong with that. And I find it more interesting if they're NOT doing it because they're actually related. Makes it more special.

• Members

I feel little sympathy for Gloria (although she broke my heart -- broke it -- when Jeff was so vile and stole her money and divorced her). Sylph called that one correctly: It is Judith Chapman I adore, along with her fearless willingness to play such a distasteful, narcissistic woman. She's not trying to gloss the rough edges. She lays out Gloria's dysfunction for the world to see.

You're mistaking my love of Gloria. I love her not because she is inherently good. I love her because she is fearlessly, recklessly bad.

I acknowledge there has been NO growth with Gloria, which is another departure from the soap canon...where the bad are supposed to get better through love. Not Gloria (not until she finds her biological mother...but I digress).

I do feel MAJOR sympathy for Kevin and Michael....especially Kevin. And Rikaart just kills it. I really just want to wrap a comforting arm around his shoulder and help somehow.

Yup...well put.

I'll drop the biological tie thing, 'cause it seems to be provoking some kind of mob response.

• Members

I didn't mind Michael and Kevin until Mommie Dearest came to town...... <_<

It would be nice if they would at least write GloHo and Jeffass off the show, the two of them in addition to a few more who are just playing tagalong characters that are taking up space on the canvas and money in the budget .....

• Members

Yeah, I don't really get that. I can understand not liking Gloria/Jeffrey/Kevin/Michael, but this drum-beating is a bit much. It's not like they're monopolizing the show, like in the LML days. They've been on four or five days in the last week, but that's only because Kevin was caught finally. They really haven't been on all that much.

There's always a small portion of any show's cast I don't like at any given time. I don't wish them off the show - just give them to me in small doses.

I feel bad for the people who hate Nick/Sharon/Phyllis/Jack the way others hate the Fisher-Baldwins. Life REALLY sucks for them. :lol:

Archived