Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I basically agree with every word you say here.

Or at least come up with some kind of couch that has washable sheets or slipcovers, and they can be shown regularly changing the slipcovers or something :-)

• Administrator

Loving seeing Phyllis like this! The lipstick on the mirror, "I hate you" scene was chilling. I too think she was talking about herself instead of Sharon. Both Sharon and Phyllis are losing it, but in different ways. It's fascinating to watch this.

The montage with Nick/Sharon having sex and Phyllis goes nuts was so awesome - kudos to Marla Kanelos for writing the breakdown today. Good stuff!

I really liked the music during the Phyllis scenes too. I think it was new - I never heard it before.

• Members

:D:lol::D

Especially right after an episode where his character has been cavorting around obviously having unsafe sex himself while cheating on his wife. TEB would have been a good choice although I think that Kevin Schmidt would have been the better choice here.

• Members

It could have been worse, Sharon could have been giving the PSA.

I find it ironic,

Sharon has been sleeping all over town, and Nick has been bouncing around from woman to woman and yet no one asks, or mentions, that they were using a condom. It would be so funny if Noah or Eden came down with an STD, blame the other, and it turns out they picked it up off that couch. Nick and Sharon really have a do as I say, not as I do method of parenting, it is no wonder their son has no respect for them.

• Members

How can tell it was Kanelos? This time, there were FOUR people lumped at the AHW level (including Janice Ferri Esser). So confusing.

The montage was good, but it was not the best part of the episode.

• Members

Sharon confesses that she is having a nervous breakdown and Nick sleeps with her. Always thinking with lil Nick.

Phyllis is cutting and tearing Sharon's clothes and screaming was hysterical. I could not stop laughing. That is karma for you. He cheats with you, he will cheat on you.

Noah and Eden having sex was so trite. I bet Hogan was behind it. Reminds of me of Jennifer's first time with Billy on ATWT.

Someone kill the Fisher/Baldwins for me, please.

• Members

But the SON anti-Fisher bias rears its head again.

Yes, the Phick-Shick and Needin' (Noah + Eden ?) pairings took up most of the show, and they were great.

But the Fisher-Baldwins? Luminous!

Here, in the midst of the crisis, Katherine again had to show that she is the real mother here (hmmmm....hint? hint? hint?) and set Gloria straight on her narcissism. (And Kay. Planning a memorial for Marge! They are really ramping up her goodness quotient, arent' they? I guess in counterpoint to Jill's trajectory...). Christian Leblanc continues to play horror and fear and dread and guilt like nobody's business.

But best of all...Rikaart. That haunted, trapped look in his eyes. That feral lunge OUT OF PROTECTIVE MOTIVES (hint? hint? hint?) for Amber? The chilling deja vu of the padded cell. And trapped Kevin's primal screams and sense of betrayal for -- yet again -- being locked ina closet.

So amazing. The show in general, on fine days like this, succeeds because it touches emotionally. But nothing -- nothing -- is as touching as Kevin's tortured soul. And my love for Amber grows every single day, because the "mommy" in her sees the nurturing and caring that he needs, and never got. We forget sometimes (because it happened on B&B) that she was a good and loving mother to two children. That is still in her, and in a strange way, I think she can harness her own need to parent for Kevin's good.

There is a theory of psychotherapy called "re-parenting". Here, the ultimate goal is for the patient to "re-parent" him or herself, to make up for the bad nurturing of the past. I think, if Kevin can't get there on his own, there is something surprisingly tender about Amber and Katherine being there to help him...do give him the support he never got back in the day.

Honestly, I can't remember when I've been so touched as by the Katherine-Murphy-Amber-Kevin "family". I hope this crew can somehow stay together. There is a "love by choice" here that just really moves me. I'm feeling more of a "sibling" than a "love" dynamic with Kevin and Amber, but that could change.

But I just feel it in my bones that Gloria is Katherine's daughter and ... more importantly ... Kevin and Michael are Katherine's kin. I hope it is true. Those men need a real mother figure in their lives. Michael has sort of gotten past all that...but how nice it would be for him to have a good woman he can trust (besides his wife).

Poor Jana and Daniel. I see them left out in the cold. I rationalize it in my head, because I believe Jana's going to die of a brain tumor, and she'll get a loving sendoff...and I believe that Daniel is going to leave town to develop his artistry and maybe connect more with his dad. So, it's okay. I think, for Phyllis' story, Daniel needs to leave too. Because Phyllis' road-to-ruin will be more agonizing if she has no one to lean on.

But at least some of my anger at Sharon ("I don't feel guilty, either") can get defused by her GETTING NABBED for her thievery. Thank heavens!

• Members

^^^ I'm with you, Mark. Today was exactly how I like my Baldwin-Fishers. If they were like this all the time, I'd be a happy viewer.

And Katherine/Murphy in the mix was just perfect.

But I accept that we are the minority. LOL!

Archived