Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. There she is telling him that she's nuts and he gets a hard on. These are truly some f*cked up people.

I'm not a fan of that family at all- never have been. But I gotta say, I'm actually enjoying this storyline- probably the first time I've liked a Michael/Kevin story since they've been on the canvas together.

Um, while I agree it's a bad idea, I think you're overstating it there. Kay & Gloria do not have a 30 year history on the show like Kay/Jill have. There is no bigger mistake the show could make than having Jill be revealed as Katherine's daughter.

Today's episode was great. Michelle Stafford did not disappoint, though I'm more looking forward to a heated confrontation with Nick tomorrow. And can I say that Emily O'Brien was just fabulous today? I've always liked Jana, but who knew O'Brien had these kind of chops? Her performances are so reserved, yet spot on. Bravo!

• Members

I wouldn't want Nikki, Gloria, or Amber to be Katherine's daughter (except MAYBE Amber)... whether or not that storyline opportunity is used later on, right now I just want them to let the dust settle. Plus, this DNA reversal has to focus on Jill/Katherine, and no-one else. There is always time a few years down the road to look into the long-lost relatives, if need be.

• Members

Just getting to this week's thread and there's several things i want to to weigh in on:

Vivica A. Fox - she said she'd be open to a return to Y&R. Well there was speculation on this board and others that she was coming months ago, and now it looks like she might. she said she'd do a short-term arc and like last time, I want her to be Yolanda, not Stephanie. This would be a perfect short-term role for her. The Winters need a BIG shake-up, something to rally behind.

Gloria Chancellor? - This would be as controversial as Jill and Kay are daughters. The Baldwin/Fisher clan doesn't need that sort of anchor and Gloria is best when she's had a fall from grace or about to. Giving her a safety net like Katherine would dillute her way too much. And it would be more of the same as the last time - and probably end up with Kay and Glo having tea and crap. I get where you're going MarkH, but it's just too much, too soon. I wouldn't mind Nikki being Kay's daughter, though. if Nikki ran CI she'd finally be an equal to Victor which could make for some potentially explosive action. I do want Amber to be in that mix too cause her love for Kay and vice-versa is really touching.

Phyllis Goes Nuclear/Shick-sex - Yes! Go Phyll! I love that Phyllis is alive again (I almost could go for a "The Real Phyllis Returns" promo like The Real Greenlee shiz on ABC). I like where they're going with the Sharon Gets busted thing, but they better bust Phyllis too cause after the whole Carmen Mesta mess, we all know there's cameras at the hotel. I don't think we've ever seen a triangle on soaps where there's 2 messed up broads going aftger a sorta messed up guy. It's fun to watch.

Kevin Goes Back To The Padded Room - Boy does Rikkert do pscho, lost boy well! Gloria's such a horrible mother. Heather really irks me and I hate her logic. And MAB can't toss in a line about Heather just doing her job to make us like her. She's a total louse of an ADA. i hope when she loses this case too she finally gets fired. Has she ever won a case other than Phyllis? I like her on the show but her character logic is always so stupid.

• Members

I don't know if they would go there with Katherine and Gloria, and although I wouldn't mind Katherine being a grandmother to Michael and Kevin that can't happen without Gloria and if Gloria is involved it is always about Gloria and would be little about Kevin and Michael. So I can't get on the Gloria as Kay's daughter bandwagon. Interesting theory though.

I think the reparenting idea that Mark stated already happened and was better written in 2004-2005 under Jack Smith. So much of this current Kevin story has been somewhat of a retread of the old Kevin story except Amber has replaced Lauren in the story. Even Michael getting Kevin to hit Jeffrey "ala Tom" was similar to the scenerio when Michael let Kevin hit on him in the boxing ring to punish "Tom". They even used some of the Kevin as child flashbacks in this story that were from the original Kevin story. Back to the reparenting though, Michael and Lauren were like parents to Kevin for a very long time and were pretty successful "saving" Kevin before LML's Gloria turned him into her little minion. Michael has really been Kevin's father figure for a long time, so I don't know if they need a rehash of that with Amber or Katherine as a parent. Michael will always be the "good" parent to Kevin. I like the Katherine and Amber friendship towards Kevin, but neither should be more important than Michael and Jana's importance to Kevin.

As for the Kevin story, I am finally enjoying it because we are getting away from the ridiculous Chipmunk bank robberies, and I prefer Michael and Jana taking a bigger role in this story rather than Amber. I would love for the writers to play on Lauren and Kevin's history and friendship but that seems to be conveniently forgotten at this point.

As for Kay, why does she need anymore children and grandchildren? I just don't see how Nikki or Amber being related to Katherine will change anything storywise. Nikki has always been the "daughter" Kay has chosen, and I can't imagine any found daughter or Nikki being any closer to Katherine if they found out they were related. Same goes for Amber at this point. Amber is very close to Katherine, even closer to her than her own biological granddaughter, Mac, at this point. It may even be good to see a little rivalry and jealousy between Mac and Amber via their place in Katherine's life. I just don't think we need to find Kay's real daughter.

• Members

LMAO at Phyllis meltdown. LOL....those scenes were great and this was such a perfect episode for Phyllis haters like myself. What a psycho!

Nick and Sharon are love. OMG how good were they together? I loved how he admited that hebeleived they would still be married had Cassie not died and Im glad they made love. They need to reunite.

Today Michael said that they were in Minnesota. I thought Genoa City was in Wisconsin

Amber is such a stupid twit. she really needed to STHU today. i hope Heather buries her.

• Members

Are you kidding? Are you kidding? You're joking, right?

Phyllis has been portrayed as the wronged party in this. Her primal screams, her self-loathing in the mirror (for what she was about to embark upon), her utterly spent posture after the rampage....not a "psycho"...but a woman so pained and frustrated that every one of us could relate to her.

Pric...er...Nick and Sharin'...whom I have defended as the end game...have been beautifully scripted in a "be careful what you wish for" scenario. Instead of their reunion being accompanied with a crescendo of music and hearts and flowers and "reunited, and it feels so good"...we got this: Sharon telling Nick that she's been using stray men to fill the wrong hole (and they aren't doing anything for the one in her soul). Then she uses Nick for the same purpose. Their sex is in an unheated cabin on a wooden floor...furtive, more foreplay than I would have expected in reality...but nonetheless skanky cheating.

And what comes of it? Beyond the pain they are inflicting on Phyllis, we learn they are delusional. Would the be together if Cassie had not died? No way? Cassie was the straw that broke the camel's back in a marriage of serial cheating...a marriage premised on the "true love" of high school sweethearts who had not yet experience life. It is a marriage in which their preoccupations led Cassie to go off and do something reckless...and now Noah is following in her reckless footsteps...time and time again. Their gonads call too loudly for them to do basic parental monitoring.

Both of these characters once had integrity. Now, they're a sad copy of B&B's Brooke and Ridge--their personal lusts and illusory sense of destiny causing them to disregard others and selfishly cling to one another.

What is beautiful -- what I respect the writers for -- is that it is clear that they are going to unleash a world of pain on Nick and Sharon to come. There will be consequences for their selfishness and the impulsiveness.

As for Phyllis...I hope she is not too broken, and that she will someday find a man she can love and trust. Poor Summer.

Archived