Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Members

Well, to be fair, I get why that wasn't the top priority for Gil. Sharon is guilty of stealing and she did confess.

The break-in to the room is a different story. And one that I doubt will be dropped. (Especially with the previews for tomorrow of the Nick/Phyllis conversation, which I didn't spoiler tag because they showed it at the end of today's show, but I will edit if that's a no-no. :D ) But this arrest wasn't about vandalism. It was about theft. So at this point, there's no need to look at the hotel tapes.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: I barely do myself. To be honest, I forgot Dru even did that to Carmen until somebody on here brought it up the other day after Phyllis did it. Guess it didn't make that much of an impression on me.

ETA: Just to be clear, that wasn't a cheap shot at VR. It was a cheap shot at the lame Carmen Mesta story. LOL!

• Members

They would still need the person who made the call to the police, the housekeeper, to fill out a report. So when they can't find who called in the crime, one would think they would start to question who was in that room. Gil seemed to jump to the conclusion that whoever stole the items would automatically be assumed to be the one who messed up the hotel room. I don't quite get that leap.

• Members

Why do clothes having tags on mean that they were stolen? Why would Sharon confess in front of the cops? This show. Will they check the hotel security? I doubt it. Phyllis will get away with this one. At least, Sharon will now get the mental health treatment that she needs.

Nick makes these women crazy. He must be really good in bed. It is the only explanation. Josh Morrow is a crap actor, but I give him credit for making Nick always seem like he feels bad when he shits on both of these women. It is why most people still like Nick unlike Victor who is cold and cruel.

Phyllis got what she had coming for getting involved in Nick and Sharon's dysfunctional marriage. The man's daughter just died how could anyone believe that he was thinking clearly? Now if only Nick would get what he has coming.

Why is my Jack always the sap in these situations? I can't help it, I love him for it.

Got to say I like hard ass Heather.

I didn't think that MS was that great today either. She was okay.

• Members

"Please, please leave," Phyllis said today, thereby providing a perfect counterpoint to what she said the last time Nick slept with Sharon: "Please don't leave. Please please dont' leave". I love the symmetry of that. THAT is a testament to a well coordinated creative team...the point I was trying to make in the Writer's thread earlier today.

I have to hope, with that turn of phrase, it means that Phyllis is going to try to move on. I don't want to see her going psycho or desperate or whatever. "Living well is the best revenge". That's what I want. I want nothing more but to see her live a "together" life, becoming more and more desirable to Nick as each day passes...which his "first love" (yeah, Phyllis!) drags herself down and down.

I've sort of thought the Noah-Eden stuff was shoe-horned into all this...but I kind of like that ultimately it was there to remind us of immature, giddy, inexperienced love...the shoddy foundation on which "Shick" is also based. Nick and Sharon did mature well beyond their post-adolescent start, but it's nice to be reminded of their beginnings, in some way, via Noah.

And I think have to give the writers kudos for a sick (in a good way) sense of humor. Having Gloria transform into a squeaking chipmunk was ... just a surreal piece of pleasure. I hope we see a whole host of delusions and hallucinations from Kevin...because they're funny.

I do wish Michael could have heard the desperation in Phyllis' voice...and found five seconds to give his best friend a hug. I found him too cavalier ("You're on your own, kiddo"). Hopefully, that will come soon.

Archived