Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

9 pages from one episode? Unbelievable!

I hated that Phyllis cut up Sharon's clothes. Just like Dru did to Carmen Mesda's stuff. That's lame... even though Phyllis was scheming the whole time and knew what she was doing, watching that sartorial destruction again was like revisiting a bad memory. Let's leave LML in the past, shall we? In fact, during that entire meltdown, I didn't even see Phyllis. All I saw was Dru with her long weave, going bonkers on Carmen's clothes. I hope this wasn't the writers' intention. I don't know why they'd want to compare Phyllis and Dru. Are they comparing to reveal Phyllis's inner lunacy? Are they foreshadowing Phyllis going to the asylum as Dru did? I just don't like that idea at all.

I did like how Phyllis's shriek of rage overlapped Nick and Sharon's lovemaking. It wasn't a fantasy. Neither Nick nor Sharon were enraptured by their long-lost, coulda-woulda-shoulda memories. They both knew what they were doing was wrong while they were doing it and they did it anyway IMO. This must mean that Nick and Phyllis are through, right?

When was Kevin in a mental institution? I thought this was for a brief period during his time at Genoa City. But looking through his character profile online, I didn't find anything. So this must be prior to him coming to Genoa City. Does anyone remember when he was there?

• Members

What I found funny was -- Phyllis spent ages cutting up lingerie. Sexy underwear. I didn't see Sharon's clothes getting the scissor treatment. Just her Lifetime Supply of Brooke's Bedroom undergarments! How many drawers-full of that stuff did she have? :lol: I felt it was Y&R's nod-and-wink to all those posters who comment on Sharon stripping down every two seconds in a brand-new piece of sexy lingerie. She even wears them under her flannel pjs on an alone-time retreat to the cabin!

• Members

Michelle Stafford is having quite the renaissance here. Its so fascinating to watch. When Phyllis called Michael (I was so waiting for her to do that, and she did) I got tears in my eyes. Phyllis is in a bad, bad place right now and Michelle sold it so well.

Archived