The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't really care about ratings but this is sweet considering the push the media was making about this idiotic battle of the townhalls. I had no intention of watching Trump(SSDD) and wasn't going to watch the Biden townhall but I am glad I did. This is a forum he has only gotten better in. I love retail politics and yes it's old school but it still works IMO. His responses were thoughtful and comprehensive and he answered the questions.

That question on the crime bill I am sure was supposed to be a gotcha I am sure because no way do I believe the woman who asked that question really gave a darn, but he responded by providing some background, some of the good things, and a lot of the mistakes with it and acknowledged as a whole it was a mistake and damaging.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree that it's time for Feinstein to step down but I'm not interested in the tantrum throwing by the far left, especially in light of this idiocy. Democrats need to not only be a lot tougher on Republicans but also the lefty saboteurs because if Biden gets elected the first thing they will do is start beating up on him.

• Members

Honestly at this point I don't even really know if Democrats will get the Senate, even if Biden wins, so it's mostly a lot of drape-measuring. If they don't then nobody is going to get appointed anyway, it's just going to be lots of 'acting' heads. 

@Vee I did not see your post - thanks for the Christie article. Better late than never from a big name Republican, I suppose, even if no one will listen. 

• Members

I was listening to an overseas news program on the radio and they were discussing last night's town hall discussions and mentioned the ratings. Everyone around the world knows how consumed Trump is with ratings so for him to be bested by Biden in the ratings was a source of amusement.

• Members

I am off work today - mid term break - so I have been cleaning and listening to MSNBC in the background First time in months. This has to be one of the worst of the worst. These people are addicted to Donald Trump. There seems to be no time block that they are not talking about something involving him. Now I know why Biden is ahead. Many people are as sick to death of hearing about Trump non stop as I am. He's become Donald Rumsfeld.

And to listen to each host keep asking why Trump doesn't just pivot to this and that is the most assinine brainless discussion. Almost as dumb as Wolf Blitzer trying to slam Pelosi for no Stimulus deal. I don't know how people watch this crap daily.

• Members

They are probably right to be wary, as so much relies on the senior vote this year, and Trump's campaign is trying to woo them back, with the new free vaccine plan (never mind that there is no vaccine and it probably would have been free for them anyway) and his "new tone" (the media always eats that up) at today's hate rally. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/trump-florida-seniors-covid-429880

Biden's campaign is also canceling ads in Texas, so that would mean they know things aren't going to get too big (they are also canceling ads in Virginia and Colorado, likely for the opposite reason). 

And beyond all that, they will need the Senate if they want to get anything done. The chances of many going along with the idea that he will win easily so needs a check in the Senate makes me very nervous.

Reason #948394 why it was not a great idea for Trump and his people to focus so heavily on Biden dementia smears:

And in our latest "being racist is funneeee!!!11!!" installment, we have what is described as the more mainstream senator in Georgia. How sad. (and best of luck to Jon Ossoff - hopefully he will pull off a surprise)