Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The latest NYPost Biden hit isn't getting much traction bc the story is falling apart at a glance - a lot of writers who breathlessly hoped to promote it this AM (specifically Haberman, and Jake Sherman, who is a good source for stimulus talk dirt but who is another Politico GOP-loving shill above all) are already walking it back and pretending they were just being critical of it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They know but they don't care. People are sick with Coronavirus, have been furloughed/lost jobs, are in danger of losing health insurance and/or close to being evicted - by no fault of their own. I think that the average American has more than enough to worry about rather than Hunter Biden's emails and the new Supreme Court Justice. But then - Rump, Pence, Graham, Barr, McConnell and all the rest who make up the Greedy Old Pricks (aka the GOP) only care about themselves and their wants.

• Members

And right on time for the NY Post sham article that Trump can use to hammer away in this format. And of course overshadowing Biden's town hall and trying one more time to push the comeback narrative. 

I would have probably said in past years that NBC as a whole should be boycotted, but with the pandemic I know people in the industry as facing hard times...so I will just say I will continue to avoid anything to do with NBC "news." I still haven't forgotten that shitass interview Matt Lauer did with him (while throwing Hillary to the wolves).

They know the damage was already done - they amplified the story then do what they always do, half-heartedly question it when they know many will only notice the original tweet. This is their dream come true. I'm not surprised Politico is involved - I read a lot of Politico but they never really hide what they are - and I am even less surprised that the wretched Maggie Haberman jumped on this. Her mother works for the Kushners, Maggie herself can't hide her fondness for the Trumps (even happily posing in photos with Trump), and her husband tried to help Jeffrey Epstein. (Maggie's mother also has ties to Epstein...)

Axios, another Trump-enabling outlet, is also trying to push a narrative about how Biden has avoided the press and has just lucked out. 

I don't think most of it will work, but it's clearly an attempt to force through a narrative of Biden as unqualified and scandal-plagued, which is what they thought they were going to get when he won the primary. If it narrows the margins enough to steal the election for Trump (as he will be going to the courts with any result anyway - the narrower Biden's win the better for Trump), then it gets them just what they want and need.

• Members

I hope Biden's people will blast that story everywhere the way they did when Kellyanne Conway tried to be cute and went on national TV bragging about how much violence and chaos would help Trump.

Now the focus is on how Twitter and Facebook are censoring the story and this will cause a Streisand Effect and amplify it. I don't know if I believe that or not, because there really isn't anything to amplify, but people are so stupid I can't assume anything at this point. 

Speaking of stupid, Amy Covid Barrett was exposed as ignorant and a complete phony today, but it won't matter. The best to hope for is that Lindsey Graham pining for segregation so openly might put off a few more so-called moderates and hurt his reelection.

In other news that is not surprising, but is still sad.

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/10/ice-cube-helped-develop-new-black-trump-platform-says-senior-adviser

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I voted today!  When Trump got elected for years ago one of my first thoughts was that I hope I would live to vote him out in 2020. This felt really good. Another one in the can for Joe Biden.

Turnout at the BOE reminded me of 2012 when Barack was up for re-election. Way more social distancing but the line of cars for ballot drop-off was insane.