DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn FIRED!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I want to see Deidre reunite with Eileen Davidson.....but this time Deidre will play the baddie. Give Ashley Abbott another rival. :)

What about her playing Heather's mother? Maybe a triangle with Paul/Nikki or Victor/Ashley.

• Members

a2sassy,

I don't think Drake should go to Y&R either. That show is not a good fit for him.

I see Deidre esp. due to her age and the cost it would take to get her just doing short term roles in the vein of what Beverlee McKinsey did after she left GL. She has a name power that even other daytime shows would want to hire her for a short term role in much the same way that they hire the Linda Grays, Joan Collins, etc. - those are the actresses in that age bracket that they seem to want to hire these days.

Drake I can see being picked up by either B&B or GH who have both gone after hot men from Days when they have been fired. Who knows maybe Guza will come up with another mob rival for Sonny.

I still hold that Deidre will do better on whatever show she is on with better direction and writing.

And if anyone can turn Austin Peck into the actor that he has become then I have faith that even Drake can be brought up so much better than he is even with good writing and direction. Peck and Fath were both really bad on Days and both have improved tremendously.

• Members

I really don't see Hall or Hogestyn ending up with other long-term soap roles. Face it, they're old and they're not the demographics that the networks want.

Hall is an incredibly lazy actress, you might say with better material she delivers. However, she gets paid to act, and other actors act the hell out of crappy material (look at what Erika Slezak and Kim Zimmer have done for years).

And it would really piss me off if she ended up on Y&R and we still can't get permanent returns for Tricia Cast and Marla Adams.

But, wait until March or May sweeps, and watch Corday magically rehire them again and both Hall and Hogestyn will kiss his ass in the press...

• Members

Whatever happened to, last in first out?

Acting is a job, like any other. Some actors will relish the challenge that crappy material offers, while others, it'll depress and demotivate. Everyone's different. I don't think it's right to say that she's lazy, when she could just be jaded. Imagine going into work, and getting crappy material thrown at you, day in, day out...

• Members

Then you give your notice and leave. Find a job that challenges you and motives. I think it's pretty selfish for her to take paychecks but only give half ass performances.

I could care less about Deidre Hall. At this point in the game, NO Daytime actor is safe from eviction when the entire genre is going extinct.

• Members

I agree about the lazy actress thing to a certain extent. I am not sure it necessarily applies to what I was saying about Dee Hall though. Or for the most part to the Days actors.

Like I was saying about Austin Peck and Farah Fath and others - look at what happened when they got better direction and writing. I think a lot of Dee Hall's problem and Days for that matter is that someone on that show is giving them alot of bad direction or telling them to act the way they do at times.

Just like I said look at last year. Jay Kenneth Johnson and Bryan Dattilo were seemed to be told to holler all the time or yell. Thank God that when Ed Scott came aboard that stopped because it was very annoying.

This last part just applies to daytime in general.

I agree about acting the best you have out of bad material - and that is for any actress. I also want to state that some actors and actress have more reason to give their jobs the best than others. Some don't feel appreciated anymore and just come in to work to draw a paycheck. And they don't give their scenes their all anymore. And basically I don't blame them. I am talking about many of the older veteran actresses here.

• Members

I wonder what Crystal Chappel thinks about Deidre being fired lol

Anway, it's a horrible thing for the fans that Drake and Dee are gone, or at least the fans of them. The loyalty they have inspired in their fans is pretty amazing, more so than any other couple on DAYS, although, I still think it's more about Dee than Drake.

I can't imagine how much Dee was getting paid. If you are already wealthy (assuming you aren't living paycheck to paycheck) , do you allow your salary to be cut in half? If Dee's salary was cut by half and she is played three times a week, would that still be a burden for the show?

Archived