DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn FIRED!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But like SteveFrame has pointed out... Why should they? Would any of us take a paycut to help support the company they're working for? "All for one, one for all?" My ass! It's a job, plain and simple. There's only so much "job loyalty" to go around. Granted, a pay cut is better than no pay at all, but it's not the actors' responsibility to support the genre/help keep it alive.

• Members

I'm sorry. The actors at Days have been taking pay cuts for years. Now damn, how much more money do you want to take out of my damn check before people start realizing someone may be a lousy businessman? I have bills to pay as well. They may get paid easier than most, but they still must be paid.

They are supposed to cover for Corday's ass? What? Oh hell no. He fucked this up all on his own, and instead of trying to make it out like it's the actors' fault, he needs to fianlly grow a set and admit that he, and he alone, ruined this show.

• Members

I'm not sure if I've ever agreed with you more, Roman.

Why should anyone's financial livelihood be put in serious jeopardy just because Ken Corday is incapable of keeping the show afloat? How many times must they take a cut and "take one for the team" before they realize that Corday is royally screwing them over? He'll bend over backwards to let a hack write the show into the ground and take a hatchet to the ratings, but when the budget is cut as a result, who ends up having to pay? His cast. It's not fair and it's not right. I would spit in his face if I was Deidre Hall.

• Members

I hope she does.

Everyone's right, this is Corday's fault and he comes off like a total jerk in his press release. Deidre Hall carried this show, whatever you think of her acting skills (I'm not her greatest fan, although she's great when written for) I think it's hard to say that she and JER didn't save this show in the 90s and again in 2003...JER knew Deidre could pull fans, get tongues wagging, get attention.

Now, I say I don't want her at Y&R and I mean it...she would be good at B&B. I just think when you've been associated with a show in such an iconic role, it's impossible to top it.

Deidre is simply one of many vets who has been treated horribly by TIIC: Jackie Zeman, Stuart Damon, Julia Barr, Anna Lee and now Deidre Hall among many others.

DAYS should have just bowed out gracefully...but no...Corday is intent on becoming the laughingstock of the business. Too late, he is. If DAYS ends up looking GL, the show is FINISHED.

• Members

I want to see Deidre on a Bell soap playing a complete bitch. She pulls off the bad girl part so well -- especially with that wry smirk she often gives. That's why JER made her a villain every chance he had.

I would love to see Deidre playing a Miranda Priestly type of character on Y&R or B&B. Just a total cold as ice "head bitch in charge" type, completely lost in her own brilliance that the world around her is non-existant and the people living in it are merely extras, meant to bring her coffee and fetch her clutch purse.

Oh... and I hope that Deidre's longtime friend Jane Elliott speaks out about this, as well.

• Members

Thank you!.

I Have always thought Deidre was rather good at playing mean, like the salem killings, she is not believable in nice girl roles, never has never will. So i agree with you Deidre playing a bitch would be fun to see.

But if she makes a million a year on Days, she is not worth that sum.

Have you never felt that she looks like Doris Day when she smiles, i always think so. :P :P :D;):P

• Members

Wow, that answer brings up about 123 questions from me, but I won't ask them lol

I'm curious about how much an actor like Shawn Christian makes. Someone who was successful in Primetime and who has a contract coming up. The same with Lauren Koslow Or how much it would cost to bring back someone like Roark Critchlow and Christie Clark? If you are an out of work actor and have been for sometime, do you come back with a newbie type pay? Oh, to throw this one out there,

what do you think would happen if along with Hall and Hogestyn, Kristian and Peter were dropped to recurring, and Steven and Mary Beth carried the show?

Could that remotely work? How much money can they be making? I'm throwing this out to everyone lol

Archived