DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn FIRED!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, can you imagine the spin? And of course in the brief quote that he gave, he seems to indicate that it isn't forever.

Somwhere, Bill and Susan Hayes are laughing their asses off, hoping Marlena and John get sent on the same cruise they did. just kidding lol

• Members

I never thought I would see the day. Now that this is very much a reality, I don't know what DAYS can do to rebound. This could be it. And why? When GL is much lower in ratings and critical appeal. Does NBC really want to kill their daytime lineup forever.

Wow, soaps were once the most stable job for an actor. I cannot see this being the case with the industry becoming smaller and smaller.

• Members

This is just silly.

Why did they go through all that BS about killing John off and bringing him back from the dead AGAIN to start a DiMera story, only to fire the both of them months later?

He should have just stayed dead!

This show should just go into cancellation. Ken Corday has financially ruined this show, and now what is left? The Younget Set?

• Members

I think TPTB thought bringing John back from the dead would be a great idea that would please fans and make people start watching again. Unforunately, it did nothing for the ratings and fans are still not happy with John and Marlena's storyline. Blame the writing, I guess.

But I can almost assure you, I don't think Corday ever thought he was going to have to release Hall and Hogestyn when he decided to bring Hogestyn back at the end of last year.

• Members

Not really. You see, the show lasted another 28 years after 1980. Today's show will not last 28 months. I don't think it will even last 18 months.

Your attempt to put a calm face on this is adorable, but misguided. There's no way out for this show as long as Ken Corday is in charge.

• Members

There are so many variables involved here that we don't know about. Do I think that firing Dee and Drake is going to hurt the ratings? No. Say you cut not only Dee and Drake, but also Stephen and Mary Beth. Do I think that will hurt the ratings? no. If somehow that gets the budget back in line and they are able to build a new generation of characters, I believe the show can survive. But if NBC is intent on really ending the show, then it will be all for nothing. If we can only hear one NBC exec say, that if the show becomes profitable again, it will stay on the air. There is still lots of story for lots of current characters. The problem is Dena, Ken and NBC

• Members

And who will be left with that new generation that is over 35? Bo and Hope? Maybe? If their guarantees aren't slashed (again)? Stefano, who won't know any of those people? One old guard couple left is not enough of a foundation. And Sami and Lucas aren't going to work as tentpoles either, at least not in their current state.

I can't blame NBC for being disgusted anymore. Ken Corday could have prevented this from happening a long time ago.

Archived