DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn FIRED!

• Members

You have to add Bill & Laura to that list too and even Bill & Susan to a certain extent. In the early 70's up until about early 1974 Edward Mallory, Susan Flannery & Denise Alexander were the big 3 stars in daytime and constantly were at the top of the Daytime TV reader's polls which were the big guages of popularity at the time. Bill Hayes ranked up there with them from time to time but Susan Seaforth always ranged down toward the bottom of the Top 10 actresses at the time.

The loss of both Susan Flannery & Denise Alexander really hurt Days big time as they were both so popular with the audience. GH stole Denise and movies stole Susan - that is when she went to make The Towering Inferno and got a Golden Globe nomination. And boy was she beautiful and hot in that movie.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't think it will, but again, like I remember saying last year, his exit has to be huge. It has to impact story for months in order to make it worth it. And I'm so happy that Marlena is going to be on her own again. She was WONDERFUL right after John's "death."

• Members

You can always rely on DAYS to get rid of their better actors, and replace them with shirtless hunks with minimal acting ability! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know if Blake Berris has much of a fanbase, but I do know that the Drake and JKJ fanbases are huge and they are mighty pissed off right now. Can DAYS afford to lose all those viewers?

One thing you can be sure of: Josh Taylor ain't going anywhere! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I bet Dena Higley is already writing the big Marlena/Roman reunion SL.

• Members

the big Marlena/Roman reunion should only happen with Wayne northrop as ROMAN...i say kill off Roman for good!! or a good storyline thhat they should have done years ago is get Stacey L. back as Isabella but with a twist she's really kristen to get john back. away from marlena!

• Members

At this point, with all the budget cuts and popular actors being fired, DAYS needs to go all out with its storytelling. Either do something completely original and out there that gets a lot of buzz that makes DAYS the must buzzed about show in daytime again, or do something really gritty and disturbing.

And sadly, Higley is not the person for this type of thing...

Shows can survive the loss of popular actors, the story just has to be there. I seriously doubt in this climate that the story will be there though.

• Members

I have not watched Days since the possession garbage began, but even I know Drake Hogestyn had a big, loyal fanbase - even if he was not a great actor. (Though, oddly, I loved John/Isabella.)

But while I understand the need for cutting costs and know that Drake will never be Lawrence Olivier, I think it is going to really hurt Days in the long run.

And as one who hated John/Marlena with a passion, I also know that fanbase is/was large. Those fans must be fuming right now. Like I said, I hope TIIC know what they are doing. But I have my doubts.

And finally...why on earth bring back Brady if John is gone?

• Members

its odd why bring brady back if john is gone means that they didnt know what they were doing.. if they knew john was going to go then the should have just brought eric back to build up thhe roman and marlena children. id rather the show just be done with if we have to put up with another john dies but will be back again story. i dont know if i would really care this time if he died, i can't see him just leaving unless they do the i need to build a new life, like laura on General Hospital.

• Administrator

I've always liked Drake even though he wasn't the best actor, but whenever you gave him really good material, he would do really well.

DAYS has to do something big with this. They cannot just fire Drake without having a big storlyine. The story had to be there.

My idea is to make this robo/fake-John a serial killer. Something happens and his "wires" get crossed and he just goes insane and goes on a killing spree. Of course this time, the killlings are for real. You can't afford a big cast anymore.

Archived