DAYS: Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn FIRED!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW.

I don't even watch this show but if true i feel really bad for the long time fans...

From what I read Days has to cut $500,000 per week- I cannot find where it was stated- I think NBC was shelling out 1.7 million per week and now they want to shell out 1.2 million....

Hall is one of maybe 4-5 daytime stars who makes a million a year right?

That breaks down to 23,000 a week. Drake was probably at 500-600,000 per year, so there is 13,000 or so...

Who would drop the matriarch of the show? And if it was mutual? I would think Hall (being loaded and knowing that Days may be on its deathbed) would accept a reduced salary due to her love for the show.... I don't know...

• Members

I think DAYS would make for a great E! True Hollywood Story. There has been so much drama behind the scenes at DAYS. The Cordays threatened to sue Bill Bell when he jumped ship forcing him to write story outlines for years. Then Bell went on to steal some of DAYs talents for Y&R. The Valentine's Day Massacre, a huge cast exodus lead by Edward Mallory. Bill Horton was such an important character, I could really see this effecting what was going on onscreen. The Robert Kelker Kelly scandal. The failed spin-offs. The Missy Reeves debacle. JER in general. The Serial Killer firings... and now this. Maybe the Serial Killer firings should have been permanent. The canvas would be very different, but they would not be in such a financial bind. The cast was over inflated after the incident. So many people were fired, but the show continued to hire new talent. 6 months later, everyone was back on contract definitely ruining the bottom line.

Had Hogan been able to do a god Dimera/Brady story with Vendetta, I don't think we would be in this situation. That storyline had the potential to make DAYS awesome. It had been laid out for decades. He definitely dropped the ball.

• Members

I would welcome her at AMC. Maybe she could Palmer's cousin, the one who raised Lanie in Europe. She can come to Pine Valley to try and wrangle CE away from a mentally frail Palmer. Can't you see Jill Larson as Opal and Deidre having an awesome time working off each other as rivals.

Maybe she can be Taylor's overbearing, conservative, mother who demands to know why she is leaving the service. Then, when she finds out Taylor was in love with an African American, she can go ballistic. Deidre could be the pearl wearing, pastel sweater separates type.

Either way, whatever soap she goes to she will see a huge cut in her salary. What did her ex-husband do? Hopefully he was well off before and she is not paying him alimony.

• Members

I don't see why DAYS can't operate well, if this is true, with a $1.2 million budget a week. Y&R and GH operate on a budget like that weekly and they're much more smoothly run than DAYS.

I've always said that even though DAYS had the highest licensing fees in daytime (or used to), you'd NEVER know it. Think how badly this show has been mismanaged for years with a budget like $1.8 million per week, while others have looked better, used their core actors better, and just done so much more with a lesser budget.

• Members

Marlena isn't the show. She's been gone for weeks/months at a time over the past few years and the ratings haven't really suffered for it. I can definitely live without her, especially if it means that we'll get to keep a few of the other ones who might be on the bubble.

• Members

Wow, so many mixed feelings about this. Just yesterday, I was almost 100% certain that Dee was one of four people who were completely safe. I love and hate Marlena all at the same time and yet, I will miss her. But if GH seems ready and able to treat Genie Francis like trash, and ATWT let Martha Byrne go, why not Deidre? When she likes a story, she is good. when she is bored, she phones it in. But like what was said about John, Marlena's departure has

to be HUGE and mean something. I still have hope for this show until its last day. The show was a complete mess in 1992, and then JER came in. He fired Matt Ashford, who at the time, one could say was as popular as Dee. The show survived and thrived. May we get a new writer who can save this show again

Archived