Y&R: Week of October 06, 2008

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ I love Daniel Goddard but even he would probably admit that Cane needs to grow a pair, stat. That and a brain cell. He is so dumbed down at present.

As for Lane, dude is putting his all in those scenes with Lily. CK only comes alive with her female peers, though.

• Members

I agree.

Its just pretty common for actors to sell whatver the show is going with at the moment, and he did that. Also, comparing the couple to the show signature couple is rather normal.

I dispise Lane tho. They have had a few good moments, and i actually like the story overall, the actors just dont have chem. And whoever said CK only has chem with her female costars is soooo true.

• Members

OK, so Tuesday's show. Technically, IMHO, it's great. The music is wonderful. The lighting perfect for Y&R. Wow.

I'm loving the Chloe/Billy scenes. And for the first time in a loooong time, I'm enjoying Nick and Phyllis too. Their love scene came across as very natural and it's working for me. Even Jack and Sharon (never been a big fan of them) are having some fantastic scenes.

I'm so diggin' it, people! :):)

The only thing this show needs is a dose of Adam and Heather and I will be one happy MF'er. ;)

• Members

Today's show was well done from a production standpoint. I liked the Billy/Chole location flashbacks. Had this been Giffith and Morina alone, we'd probably get some cheap ass backdrop. LOL! I'm glad Paul and Maria took the effort to go on location somewhere in LA for this.

I actually enjoyed today, with the exception of Lily and Cane, those two just stick out in the worst possible way for me.

• Members

Yes. He should be with actresses like Phyllis, Sharon, or even Ashley. That would be a perfect fit. That said, he's okay when he is seething or longing IMO.

Does this mean Morina is gone? The "location" mandate seems to be CBS-wide (actually, "daytime-wide")...so as a new hire, Rauch and Arena Bell probably just got marching orders to "do more locations"...don't you think? In other words, I doubt this is--per se--an early creative decision of Rauch's...but more of a change that was presumed as a condition of his hire.

What about the old story that "locations are too expensive" (even when it is in the same town)? Has this changed? I'd rather see in-studio work against a cheap ass backdrop than spend money that will lead to cast cuts and other nonsense.

That said, the Ashram scenes really bothered me. Set in Malibu, they should have GONE to Malibu (even if the wedding was on the "beach" instead of in an Ashram)...especially since they DID go to the beach for Victor and Nikki's "farewell" scenes. That was a place where a location shoot was really missing.

Archived