Y&R: Week of October 06, 2008

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVED Karen/Vicki talk! It was good to learn something more about Karen. I hope she stays. She has so much potential as a character! And her and Vicki should become really good friends. Vicki needs a friend and AM and NP have such a nice friends chemistry.

• Members

Oh, especially when that topic didn't warrant a thread of its own and you know that if someone posted a thread about Colleen and Tammin Suresucks' portrayal and most posters posted something negative about her, you'd reply to every single post with your generic "Tammin is the perfect Colleen, how dare you insult her!" :rolleyes:

• Members

^You're right, I'd like to know how a post about a certain character pertaining to a certain episode this week was interpreted as something completely different.

Anyway, as I said before, these threads need to be about the show. Back on topic...

And this thing about the "Real Phyllis." Kay Alden didn't make her a "lead heroine." If anything Kay Alden kept Phyllis' core intact and made the character a classic gray character, or "anti-heroine," who are always more interesting to watch than the saintly heroines. Phyllis has been a wishy-washy busybody over the past two years, it's about time we see more of her vindictive side. Jack is right, she always shoots herself in the foot, one way or another.

I don't have to problem with Phyllis being more of a mainstream character, but please, don't rape her of her feisty nature, which was done and done horribly, mind you.

• Members

Re Wednesday's ep

The whole costume/makeup needs a shake up. Nikki looked dreadful.Melody has put on weight and the red dress did nothing for her.The too blonde hair and makeup were not flattering.

Sharon's bleach blonde do just hanging there was awful and Heather was a frump in the patterned sweater.

I appreciate the history behind the set,but the Abbott Mansion needs to be re-decorated.Maybe some key pieces could be kept,as real home-owners might do,but otherwise after 25 years,it's time for a change.

Too many of the sets have the same look.Some variety of styles would be appreciated.

The faster pace makes things seem jumpy.

Nikki was at the coffehouse,the office,the Athletic Club and back at work in the same ep.In the old days she'd have been lucky to make it to the second set

There seemed to be too many interactions and chance meetings.

• Members

In my opinion, the multiple sets in the same episode for each character is a positive innovation of the LML era. But, they slowed down with that post LML...so I'm surprised Rauch/Arena Bell would bring it back. That sure makes it seem like a CBS/Sony mandate, no?

I liked it...it gave the show more pacing and interest value for me...AND it shows there is investment! Shows use a small number of sets and pile everyone in them when they are cash strapped. So, for me, the use of multiple sets is also a sign of investment and fiscal security.

I think Y&R sets are a visual feast!

Archived