Y&R: Week of October 06, 2008

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I think that's exactly why he and Sharon suit each other. Both are coma-inducingly asexual. Jack should be focused only on business and family storylines and Sharon's only purpose on the show should be as Jack's trophy wife.

Actually, everything Toups said was spot on.

Of course you can. It's when someone says that they don't like her that they are ridiculed and accused of having an "agenda". :rolleyes:

I am really tired of everyone saying the "real" Phyllis is a total psycho. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the fact that Phyllis has matured in the past 10 years. Kay Alden saw Phyllis' potential and realized that she was capable of being more than just a cartoon villain, which is why MS was rehired in 2000 and has since become a lead heroine.

• Members

Same here. Brad is actually human around Sharon, and their chemistry jumps off the screen. Plus Sharon always pines after what she cannot have -- Diego, Nick (when he's with Phyllis), and now Brad. TPTB need to write them properly this time.

But before that -- CUT YOUR EXTENSIONS, SHARON! She's always scratching at those things.

Count me in as a fan of Pipsqueak, too. I *HATE* the way Victoria, Nick, Neil and Nikki are always so smug and supercilious around Adam. Like when Nick calls him "boy." What's that about? Victoria's line about being the only one who cared about her father and that the next time she saw Adam at NE, he'd be "dragged out by the neck" was really beyond the pale. Nice lynching visual, Fauxtoria! I wonder if she's scared because Adam might actually be the Victor-alike she so badly wants to be.

I'm just going to come out and say it. Amelia Heinle has beautiful hair but she is also THE worst actress on the show after Tammin Sursok. No, I'm not some psycho Heather Tom fan. She used to bug me, too, but at least she put her all in her scenes. AH was about to fall asleep in mid-sentence in her scene with Nikki. Talk about lacklustre delivery.

She perked up when she saw Adam at NE but even so. "Adam, why don't you take it somewhere else, because we're not interestedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" ? She made that sound like something you'd say in the playground. Honestly, somebody wake this woman up from her stupor or write her off the show! Victoria and JT could go on honeymoon to Europe or something.

• Members

Yeah, but if Phyllis were universally adored as a "mature lead heroine" as you put it, we wouldn't have Phyllis written the way she is right now. Scheming behind people's back, bad-mouthing Sharon at every opportunity, threatening her MIL with dismissal. And when that fails, reminding Nick constantly about the reason they got together in the first place -- the sex.

Not saying sex between two marrieds is bad -- I'm sure Nick and Phyllis are more sexually compatable than the vanilla "Fairy Princess and her handsome Prince" stuff we had to sit through between Nick & Sharon way back when. I'm saying that Phyllis is now using the sex explicitly as a diversion tactic. Their arguments about Phyllis's jealousy are never resolved -- they just end up in the bedroom where Phyllis has the upper-hand because Nick is pretty much a neanderthal who only thinks with one head -- and it's not the one sitting atop his shoulders.

Interestingly, I've noticed Phyllis's frequent reference to Summer as "your child" or "Nick's child." Nick had to remind her last week that Noah was also his child. Foreshadowing? Or just Phyllis trying to break that last link between Nick and Sharon once and for all?

On another note, it has been a long time since I saw Michelle Stafford looking this bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. She is seemingly embracing this story.

• Members

I only sorta watch Y&R but because of working weird hours, and being quite sick, I've seen most of the past two weeks so can actually contribute a few, TINY, short, comments :)

I like--or at least kinda relate to Adam too and am glad I'm not alone. I don't know how you can do anything but root for him--I understand why Nicki wouldn't be kind to him but her words just sounded so hypocritical.

I don't mind Amelia Heinle but I've had a soft spot for her since I loved her back in the day on Loving--I think lately, Vail Bloom has been at the bottom of the actresses on the show. Horrendous.

• Members

;);) Y'all....I am most definitely Team Adam. He's infinitely more interesting that either one of the other Newman siblings, because he has an edge. Victoria is too busy whining about [!@#$%^&*] all the time. And St. Nick, while I like him, and think he's f.i.n.e. is booooring. At least to me.

And the chemistry between Adam and Heather makes me like him even more. I can't wait til he gets his revenge cuz it's gonna be sooo sweet.

• Members

I dont hate nor love Adam, tho his relationship with heather and CE's chem with Vail Bloom does make me like him more than i would without her.

I love Nick and Victoria. I love that they are spoiled brats who think they are better than everyone else. Idk why, i just do. I also love it when Victoria gets all jelaous over Abby.

• Members

OMG, really? I loved that movie and thought Christian was hilarious.

Murray: Your man Christian is a cake boy!

Cher and Dionne: A what?

Murray: He's a disco-dancing, Oscar Wilde-reading, Streisand-ticket-holding friend of Dorothy, know what I'm saying?

Cher: Uh-uh, no way, not even!

Murray: Yes, even! He's gay!

Dionne: He does like to shop, Cher. And the boy can dress.

• Members

:lol: :lol:

I loved it when he went to pick up Cher in a 1950s-style suit and Cher's dad goes "What's with you, kid? You think the death of Sammy Davis left an opening in the Rat Pack?"

Murray had the best quotes, though:

Murray: Woman, why don't you be answerin' any of my pages?

Dionne: I hate when you call me woman.

Murray: Where you been all weekend? What's up? You been jeepin' behind my back?

Dionne: Jeepin'? Jeepin'? No. But, speaking of vehicular sex, perhaps you can explain how this cheap K-Mart hair extension got into the backseat of your car.

Murray: I don't know where that came from. That looks like one of your little stringy somethin' or an others you got over here.

Dionne: I do not wear polyester hair, okay? Unlike some people I know like Shawana.

Cher: Dee, I'm outty.

Dionne: Bye.

Murray: Why do you got to go there? Why do you gotta go there? Is it that time of the month again?

Everybody: *gasps*

• Members

OH my God.... i 'm not sure what to say to that!! it was hysterical, that's for sure! i'll have to ask christian leblanc about that while on the soap cruise! too funny!

hey, you guys; if you're interested you can enter to win a free trip on soap cruise 2009: http://www.soaps.com/soaps-fun/quiz.php i'm going. anyone w/me? i would love to talk to other people going on this cruise! www.soapcruise.com (check it ou)

• Members

So I watched yesterday's episode now... it was really good.

Phyllis vs Nikki is awesome! I really like it. MS and MTS are really good with each other. Yeah, it might not be like it is with Sharon and Nikki, but I still like it. And MS looked awesome today! Love when she does her hair like this. And Jack/Phyllis scenes were AMAZING! He knows her so well.

I am so happy that Nick is back at Newman. It's where he should be. And I really liked AH as Vicki today. That doesn't happen often. When she was trashing Adam... I could totally see HT's Vicki be like that too.

I don't love Adam. I love to hate him. And I think he deserves everything he gets from Vicki, Neil, Nick and Nikki. I mean, as soon as he got a little bit of power, he treated them the same. So I'm enjoying this. This whole Newman siblings war is so good. And I loved how Adam basically blackmailed Nikki! :D

Heather finding the photo was good and I can't wait to see how that develops. Also, enjoyed Adam and Heather's scenes too! I really like them as a couple.

And :lol: at Phyllis' reaction to Nick's new about going to Newman.. :lol: :lol:

• Members

Sign me up on that train. SOO love those two together, and ever time we get scenes, I want more. Like the jana scenes the other day too--so left me wanting to see more!

Count me in on Team Adam--I so want him to knock down his siblings a peg or 5.

Are they really going to have Lily go through with dating online? really?

• Members

They obviously don't know what to do with her until they decide to reunite her with Cane again. It's obvious they'll keep them together for years to come. And it sickens me. That's one LML idea that will haunt us for a long time.

Archived