Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Primetime Soaps

• Members

KIng’s Crossing was not a bad concept - shades of Falcon Crest with the father bringing his family back to his hometown. It was just ultimately dull. I remember the pilot had this lightly classical-sounding theme song, and then from episode 2 on, it was replaced with a bombastic sounding theme from Jerrold Immel (of “Dallas” fame). ABC probably thought the show was dull, too, and wanted a more excited theme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 8/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, Chris 2 said:

KIng’s Crossing was not a bad concept - shades of Falcon Crest with the father bringing his family back to his hometown. It was just ultimately dull. I remember the pilot had this lightly classical-sounding theme song, and then from episode 2 on, it was replaced with a bombastic sounding theme from Jerrold Immel (of “Dallas” fame). ABC probably thought the show was dull, too, and wanted a more excited theme.

All I know about that show is that a pre-Newhart Mary Frann was in it. I'll have to see if any of it is on YouTube.

• Members
8 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

All I know about that show is that a pre-Newhart Mary Frann was in it. I'll have to see if any of it is on YouTube.

I can say in advance all you'll find are promos but if you have better luck