The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Retail therapy is the best therapy.

I just bought a new outfit for my date tonight. I am wearing my hair all different. I tried to get in for an appointment, but they couldn't get me in.

I am gonna be pretty!

• Members

As many of my friends put it (especially both my ex and my bestfriend), you're only an alcoholic if you don't drink and are going to meetings. If you simply get drunk all the time, you're just a drunk. If you're fun when you're a drunk, you're a lush. I think Shawn is more of a lush. :D

• Members

Anywho, I just got back in from the gym (2 hours, thankyouverymuch). I'm loving the fact that I've finally got shoulders and arms for the first time. Now, if I could just get rid of this little blob of jelly around my navel that's covering up some nice abs (I especially like my upper abs. I can put my hand on them and flex them and feel them coming out and over the bottom of my ribcage), I'd be happy. In any event, I simply love all the cute little 22 year olds out at the clubs who feel the need to come over to me and my bestfriend and tell us how hot we are. It's small things like that that make me not really mind being almost 36.

• Members

Lots of crap went on this week I see. Responding to the posts that stood out for me.

I sure hope so. The BB: SON & SON Survivor games made last summer lotsa fun on SON.

I wish I had the same sentiment, but alas, I do not. I don't see things getting better anytime soon. And banning members & reporting posts are not the solutions to the problems. They never were.

No discussing things on the message board that are message-board related or related to each other. Okayy....... Are we still allowed to talk about soaps or will that be going away as well? :blink:

And to all of this drama: I've barely visited SON for a few weeks now. A vacation if you will. You see, all of these issues of late remind me why exactly I left SON at the time that I did. I still have written my blog, though at times, I've been even too busy to do that. In any event, I just woke up to the fact that all of the reasons that I had for leaving when I did are still very much valid. Sucks, but it's true.

• Members

See, this whole "drama" thing is always lost on me, because quite frankly, I know what threads it's mostly to happen in, and avoid them. Admittedly that's harder to do if you're a fan of the show where those threads break out. But I honestly, don't get it half the time. I think SON is to nice to a lot of people, who clearly don't deserve warnings, or continued warnings and should be banned. Ban them. If they don't like it, oh well. But the drama is just way to played out and way old. If you can't avoid it, don't get sucked into it. Laugh it off. Report it or don't. But it never helps to feed into things.

• Members

I wonder when R!ck will announce the other nominees...if there ARE any others. :unsure:

Off to the rodeo. Then, coming home, going to bed, and going to work bright & early in the morning. <_< Bastards're making me miss church. I hate CVS.

• Members

I hope all of you are having a great weekend - I will be spending this weekend with some special friends - and they know who they are! ;)

I think we bought enough alcohol this afternoon for us to be drunk for 3 days! LOL! And let's not forget the cool whip and strawberries! ;)

Have fun ya'll --- I know I will be! ;)

Archived