Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scotty

The Cocktail Lounge

Also, I did report many of Rion's posts by the way, although not recently. I just reported one on April 14th. I have a PM about it in my inbox.

Nobody's asking for special treatment. They're asking for the same treatment as everyone else.

The rules state that before you are banned or suspended, you'll at least have your warning level raised, as an indication that if you don't simmer down, actions will be taken. That never happened. It was just... poof. And why? Because people hurt the feelings of a troll? Big deal. Rion had been doing and saying things just to bait people for months. Everyone knew about this -- moderators included -- and it went ignored. The only reason that the blowup even occured in the first place is because the source of the problem wasn't nipped in the bud weeks and months before as it should've been, so people took it into their own hands. "If he can say this sh!t and get away with it, we're going to fire right back." I don't blame them! Apparently things only get noticed when the troll gets his feelings hurt... THEN it's gone too far. :rolleyes:

Even so, it took an entire week following the blowup before any action was taken, positively or negatively. What does that say about efficient moderating?

At the same time, what does it say about the posters who can't control themselves to feed into said troll? There's an ignore button. It's actually rather handy if you find that the moderators aren't readily available. Turnabout is fairplay, and the end result is: NO ONE GOT AWAY WITH IT. Rion was banned and rightfully so, and anyone who took it upon themselves to act the same way as Rion did was punished as well. Someone else's bad behavior doesn't excuse your own. Plain and simple.

At the same time, what does it say about the posters who can't control themselves to feed into said troll? There's an ignore button. It's actually rather handy if you find that the moderators aren't readily available. Turnabout is fairplay, and the end result is: NO ONE GOT AWAY WITH IT. Rion was banned and rightfully so, and anyone who took it upon themselves to act the same way as Rion did was punished as well. Someone else's bad behavior doesn't excuse your own. Plain and simple.

Well, if that's what it took to get his ass gone, then I'd say it was well worth it and not a mistake in the least.

I agree. The moderators knew what was going on in that thread, because I know for a fact that at least one of them was in the thread posting, right along with everyone else. Why report a post that you know has already been seen? I almost hit the "report" button, but then I thought... nah, he's here posting in the thread, he sees what's going on... apparently not.

I knew things were about to get out of hand, and that's why I posted in the thread. I figured everyone would cool it so I didn't revisit the thread until it was reported. Other Mods may have?

The rules state that before you are banned or suspended, you'll at least have your warning level raised, as an indication that if you don't simmer down, actions will be taken.

Actually it doesn't KennyPoo

SON Rules were udated back in April.

No matter what that person has said to you, there is no reason for you to go off on him or her. If you have a problem with something posted, use the Report to moderator feature. The "calling out" of members is not allowed. If you have a problem with a member, contact a staff member or the SON administration. Should one "call out" another SON member to bash them or to fight with them, they will be banned.

SON is just not the same anymore. Nor will it ever be again.

I think it's just a matter (now) of members realizing it and coming to terms with it.

I knew things were about to get out of hand, and that's why I posted in the thread. I figured everyone would cool it so I didn't revisit the thread until it was reported. Other Mods may have?

Actually it doesn't KennyPoo

SON Rules were udated back in April.

No matter what that person has said to you, there is no reason for you to go off on him or her. If you have a problem with something posted, use the Report to moderator feature. The "calling out" of members is not allowed. If you have a problem with a member, contact a staff member or the SON administration. Should one "call out" another SON member to bash them or to fight with them, they will be banned.

Alright, sweet. I could've sworn, though, that the reason for Rion not getting taken care of sooner was because there was a "process of steps" that must be taken before someone can be banned. It just pissed me off whenever he was let off the hook time and time again because of those steps being followed, and then King/Mitch/Andre were just suspended outright, without a raised warning or anything.

I love it when you call me KennyPoo. :P

As for this topic, I'm finished. I said my piece, and that's all I care about, LoL. I know I sound like a total bitch right now, but I don't care. Never have, never will. I still love this place and 95% of the people here!

Call me crazy, but I also think the person who REPORTS a post should be told the status of what has happened to that report instead of the person feelng like reporting posts is useless which is what I thought because no one ever replies to my reports.

Call me crazy, but I also think the person who REPORTS a post should be told the status of what has happened to that report instead of the person feelng like reporting posts is useless which is what I thought because no one ever replies to my reports.

You may be on to something King.

I posted the same exat thing in the WDYWUTD thread. What happened? People got wound up and defensive.

I think I might disappear again. This is too much drama for me.