The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Not André … I Swear

Not banned, OK, but their accounts have been suspended for three weeks, at least according to King and Andre.

• Members

In my personal opinion, Rion was allowed to troll on for far too long. When nobody decided to do anything about it, the veteran members of the board decided to do something about it and call him out. They were also baited, IMO. It just goes to show how disconnected certain staff is with the actual board itself, because it's taken an entire week since "the blowup" for action to be taken. Delayed reaction, much?

Aren't warning levels supposed to be raised before people are flat out banned or suspended? I know that in at least one case, that never occured.

Andre, King and Mitch have been members of this board since virtually day one. I think it's a slap in the face to suspend them just for hurting the feelings of a troll newbie. If something had been done about him long ago, as EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD kept begging for, this situation never would've occured or gotten as heated as it did. It just went ignored, and now a whole pool of people are getting slapped in the face for having to take the job into their own hands since, apparently, staff either couldn't or wouldn't do it themselves.

That's my $.02

• Members

You know what, I'm with Kenny on this one.

Mitch, Andre and King do not deserve this type of treatment. While I am not here to question the authority of the board's higher-ups, I take their supsensions personally. The board has always been (until recent times) a form of community. New members are welcome but not the point where they troll on and on and distrupt the community. Mitch, Andre and King have been intregal parts of the board for years and I have always valued their posts, whether I agree or disagree. What I do not value is seeing treatment like this. It stands out to me (also a pretty-much Day-oner) that consistency and community mean very little here at SON.

Sure, maybe I'm reading more into this then there really is but I wanted my thoughts to be known. Events like this are major steps backwards and make me question the whole community here.

• Members

I have to vent.

I requested my two week's notice from my retail job some time back...mind you, I told them that I need to do this because of my own personal reasonings.

Today I check my email and BAM, one of the managers comes flying at me with dates that she wants me to work, way over my two week's notice...and then asked me if i could get back to her. I was like, "What part of, I can't work anymore with you folks don't you understand?"

Plus, since I am low gal on the totem pole, I was assigned to cover other folks shifts who are going on vacation at the new job I have...So that knocks out the days that the retail job wants me to say yes too... I nearly dropped the last time I did a double shift with these folks... I worked five hours with the newspaper, then had to race home to work a five hour shift with the retail job...that's too much for me without any ounce of a break/rest, and it's killing my body.

I know I'm going ot have some drama but I don't care...I need my one job and some rest.... I may be YOUNG, but I'm no superwoman.

• Members

The administration knows how I feel about what happened I'm not happy, and I plan to voice my dissatisfaction tonight.

With that said, I want to say that we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. For the record I had nothing to do w/ the administrative decision last night, as I was in the bed sleeping (as most people should....). We get yelled at if we warn/suspend/ban one and not the other. So it was decided to handle them all in one shot and yet people are still unhappy? I don't get it.

I love everyone (for the most part....) and while I think that being a vet of SON should give you some extra benefits, it doesn't mean you can say whatever the hell you want to. It has come to my attention that some feel (and I'm not saying anyone in question) that they should be held to a different standard than others just because they've been here for years. I don't think that's quite fair.

I'm still new at this whole admin thing. We're all trying to make SON better but it'll take some time.

Yes Kenny, Rion was baiting people, but did ONE person ONE PERSON report his posts? No, they didn't. Rick and Tim issued verbal warnings to chill out and they were ignored. I am ban happy. I've said it before I think banning is fun. So if I get a reported post about a baiter more times than not that person will be gone. But we got nothing like that.

As I said before, I plan on voicing my unhappiness with what happened early this morning because I think and feel it should have been handled differently. You'll see what I mean.....

I'm off to take a hot shower. Got a meeting tonight to deal with this bullshit....

Archived