Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

Another good episode. Loved it all. I'm glad that Edie's getting the airtimes she deserves---a lot more of it! Glad Andrew seems to have changed his very evil ways but glad he's still got a little devil in him. I think Danielle is cuter this year as is Julie. But I'm sorry but Andrea Bowen (Julie) looks nothing like Susan and I think she was poorly cast (especially given that Julie's dad, Karl also has dark hair).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bree and the other wife...A+ Although it was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that her daugter was screwing the teacher! Loved the bonding with Andrew too.

Gabby/Carlos. A Eva Longoria SOLD IT for me tonight!

Lynette D- COME ON Felicity deserves better! Atleast the annoying shrew was gone.

Susan/British guy F+ Boredom and RUSHED.

• Members

Susan and the British guy were so boring.

I could care less about the guy.

He is just another layover until Susan gets to Mike.

I see Edie basically telling the truth to Mike about how Susan is...which gives me confusion.

Bree and Andrew were great. I have been wanting some steps forward with those two.

And Orson isn't that bad at parenting. Who knew?

I hate what Danielle has been doing to her hair.

Way to much Betty Ugly going on.

Oh, and I guess sleeping with her teacher was bad too.

After the hair. :lol:

Loved Gabi and Carlos. They were my favorite part of the show.

Is it written somewhere that Lynette must be in the worst storylines? Ugh!

Felicity can only do so much people!

Thank goodness that bimbo chick Holly(?) wasn't shown. She's just icky.

I can't wait to find out why Orson wants Mike dead.

Poor Mike...Everyone always wants him dead every season.

• Members

It was the best episode since the season premiere. Lots of story movement and it was such a relief to have Lynette and Tom get through an episode without even a mention of Nora. Absolutely loved that. Edie finally a hallmark character for once being all devious. I love it and Danielle sleeping with her teacher, I called that the mkinute they introduced him and I was proved right. I love Bree bonding wirth Andrew that was sooooooo sweet.

• Members

I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Highlights:

Gabby/Carlos - I really liked their stuff tonight - very funny, but you can tell Carlos still loves Gabby. Man was Gabby a little b!tch at the end.

Bree/Family - I enjoyed this stuff too - I actually wasn't annoyed by Danielle - and Andrew was just really funny and calm. The suicide bit was really funny, considering the serious material.

Susan/Edie/Mike - I loved this stuff - Susan dancing and trying to get Mike to remember stuff was funny...then the kidnapping. The previews look great with Edie and Mike having sex in the hospital bed as Susan walks in! LMAO! :)

Julie/Edie's nephew - I'm liking this budding relationship and the flirting/hating. I can't remember his name - but I like the character playing Edie's nephew. You can so tell Julie likes him. I also saw signs of Susan/Terri Hatcher in Julie tonight - you can actually buy them being daughter/mother.

Lowlights:

Lynette/Tom/Nora - I really am not digging her storylines lately. This pizza thing - and her always being disappointed in Tom...just getting old. I also can't STAND Nora and don't like the direction of this storyline. Get your own man and stay away from Lynette's! I'm not liking this stuff at all.

• Members

I love susan and edie together. Why the heck does edie want mike for? He doesn't even seem like her type, I still think she's pissed over susan sleeping with her ex-fiancee. I'm loving Bree and the fam, they are way more interesting this season. Why do I get the feeling, Orson may not be bad after all? He might have a good reason for running over mike. :lol::lol::lol: I'm bored with Lynettes storyline so far this season, I'm sick of tom and nora. Gabby needs to stop hurting carlos, they both have hurt each other, they should go to marriage counseling.

• Members

I knew Nora was up to something when she took Lynette aside and said she agreed with her. It just made sense at that point, that she was trying to get her daughter's father to be around full-time by driving a wedge between Tom and Lynette.

I'm actually feeling sorry for Susan. But I disagree that Mike's not Edie's type. Remember the whole FIRST season? lol. All Susan and Edie did was compete for Mike. As a "husband," I can see Edie wanting Mike, for the long-term. Sure she can have her flings and such, but after all that mess, she's going to want something stable, much like everyone needs in real life. And she feels she can get that from Mike. I get it. That still doesn't make me root for a Medie pairing.

• Members

Gabby/Carlos - I liked their stuff tonight, and was a bit surprised at how far Gabby took things.....I wasn't to fond of them together during the first season, but the way they are being written lately they seem to go well together.....

Bree/Family- Their storyline tonight had me cracking up, even though they were dealing with serious issues.... Even though Bree's daughter and the teacher shouldn't have been sleeping together, I laughed at the end when Danielle told Bree and Orson how she told the principal and teacher's wife what happened between her and the teacher...... Bree & Orson are a good couple, but Orson's outburst about suicide startled me; and there's still the issue of Orson's previous wife......Hearing the name Bree Hodge is going to take a bit to get used to.......

Susan/Edie/Mike - I'm so glad that they are using Edie more this season, the rivalry between Edie and Susan is fun to watch; and makes Susan a lot more tolerable. It will be interesting to see how the storyline concerning Mike's memory loss unfolds.....

Julie/Edie's nephew- Their budding relationship and the flirting/hating are fun to watch, and they are both good in their roles.....I actually enjoy watching Julie more than Susan!

Lynette/Tom/Nora- This whole storyline stinks like spoiled milk. Nora's character is a dud to me so far, here's to hoping she gets run over by a trucker or something soon......I was rolling my eyes at the pizza parlor idea, and the relationship between Lynette and Tom is getting a bit stale and repetitive; I hope the writing for them as a couple improves soon.

• Members

After seeing the previews for the next new show (for some reason I think next week might be a repeat already), I can't wait to see Lynette seriously kick Nora's ass for trying to steal her man...that wench!

Gabi and Carlos are funny as they go back and forth. I don't really want them *together* together, but also don't want Carlos totally out of the picture either.

I am still sick of Susan...her goofy act is really getting to me, but I do enjoy the rivalry between Susan and Edie. And I really think the Mike character is so much hotter with a little bit of scruff on his face.

The season, IMO, is much better than anything from season 2.

• Members

LOL. I loved last night's episode. Most of it was filler but it was good filler.

I'm sick of Lynette/Tom/Nora as well. Yawn. Gimme a break. And Tom and the pizza parlor? Oh god ... shoot me now. Nora's so annoying! Get rid of her!

I loved Bree/Orson/Danielle/Andrew. Andrew was absolutely hysterical. I'm so glad he's not the raving psycho he was in S2. Danielle was great tonight. I actually liked her. Bree and Orson are a great couple. I'm loving them together. I think Orson, despite his shady past, has potential to actually stick around. I hope.

I loved the Susan/Mike/Edie story. Susan cracked me up and it was actually kind of sad seeing her so desperate for Mike to remember and he just couldn't. I'm not liking Mike much in all of this. He's such a grump, but I guess I would be too if I had two psycho women running around trying to outscheme the other after being in a coma for six months and waking up with no memory! LOL.

Julie/Austin are growing on me. Cute little side-story. We all know they'll end up together ... so the buildup is kinda pointless, but at least it's enjoyable.

Gabby/Carlos were fun tonight. You can see how much they want each other but both are afraid to make the move. I think it's time to step this story up though ... it's becoming a bit stale, despite the great scenes and acting.

What I didn't like was that each storyline was so ISOLATED.

And to add ... if it weren't for Felicity Huffman, I probably would just totally ignore the Lynette/Tom/Nora scenes. Huffman saves them all with her stellar acting. Savant's good too but the material he is given is absolutely shi***!

• Members

Finally a classic DH episode! I know a lot of you have been saying that the show was great this season, but last night's episode was the first one that was truly great in over a year, imo.

Bree's family is wonderfully dysfunctional again. I'm glad Andrew has stopped acting out and Danielle has picked up the slack. The way Bree handled her daughter's lover/teacher was excellent!

The Susan/Edie rivalry is back in full force and I couldn't be happier. Now if they just get rid of Ian, Susan & Mike's story might finally take off again.

Gabrielle/Carlos are back to the way they were in the first season with a genuine dark edge to their scenes. To me, it's a welcome respite from the silliness of last season. My only complaint was that the bed banging felt too familiar from other TV shows.

Tom/Lynette are dealing with a real issue with his dream of opening a pizza shop, and Nora is no longer such an annoying caricature as she finally started scheming to break them up.

The one part of the show that still doesn't work for me is Julie & Edie's nephew. The good girl/bad boy storyline has been told too many times and done better on just about every soap. The show should get rid of him and bring back Zach!

• Members

I'm really hating Edie. I just can't stand her and now there going to be making out and half naked next week in the hospital room right in front of Susan. That's just wrong. I'm hating Edie in all of this and not the love to hate feel but really irritatingly, annoying !@#$%^&*] kind of hate. I wanted Susan to knock her right onto that paventment and just blow her away. Edie is all kinds of skanky this season and I hope she is ousted from the few friends she does have in Weistrea Lane for this.

I loved Susan this episode and I find myself finally interested in her character and interested in what Terri brings to the role. She is sweet and I want her with Mike just because after 6 months of waiting she deserves him. She's been there for him every single day hoping he would wake up and to have Edie have him is just disgusting. This tramp didn't even care about him and went there for the sole reason of getting back her stupid cd player and taking his chocolates. whore. :rolleyes:

I really don't care for the Gabby/Carlos relationship haven't liked them in season one or in season two and i'm not all that enthusiastic about season 3 with there back and forth. I was hoping that Gabby would move on and maybe have a new lover this season. That guy from the bar was cute and I've loved Eva's chemistry with John. I would love for one of the women to be unattached and dating around and Gabby would be perfect for this. I just don't see the point of having her reunite with Carlos again only to more then likely break up again later on.

The Tom/Lynette story isn't interesting. I don't care for Tom's pizza shop idea and I would much rather them focus on Kayla and Tom right now. It would of been nice to see Kayla wanting her father to be around more and actually bonding with him and telling him this and then her telling Nora that. That would have been much better. But it was obvious Lynette's story wasn't the priority this week. Maybe next week. Somewhat looking forward to Nora and Lynette's throw down.

Bree's stories with Danielle always feel so stale. She is much better alone, with Orson or with Andrew. The actress that plays Danielle isn't strong enough to go against Marcia Cross or any of her other contemperaries in scenes.

Archived