Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad it did well. The finale was really good minus a few omissions.

From the ending I got that they probably stayed in touch but never got to get together to play poker again. It's interesting how only Lynette was seen as an old grandma....lol....and did anyone catch the poker scene and how the 3 girls held hands but none did with Teri Hatcher??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just heard that Marc Cherry was on the show last night. Totally missed that

SfhZ5.jpg

Who the heck was this kid? Was that the boy Susan killed of Edie's husband?

Speaking of which, I think I saw him there. Did he die? I thought he got hauled off to jail/mental institution

• Members

I watched the show from day one back in 2004. Come-on... a preview of a girl in a designer dress mowing the lawn, i knew i had to see what that was. I actually saw Terri Hatcher on Superman but to me that was so long ago and she had the short hair (when i watched). it took me a while to know that it was the same girl. I only watched for Dean Cain. Marcia Cross was the stand out one for me. I used to watch her on Melrose Place all the time and she was Kate on my soap opera One Life to Llive. Any Melrose Place fans will tell you that in the beginging Bree was a lot like her Melrose Kimberly's split personality "Betsey". I actually think she's the one i liked the most because that character changed the most without changing into a completely different person (like i've seen on other shows with long term characters.) She was still Bree but she was much different from the perfect 1950's hosuewife we saw in the first season. and the good thing was it didn't just happen over night, it took years and tourmoil to real change her.I also liked Gabby because she was so selfish, another character who didn't change too much in the eight seasons. I also liked the five year jump. I thought that was great especially for the Gabby character...seeing her fat and trying to deal with two children and a blind husband.

I fell out of the show for a while after the season six cop out. They kept saying that the "Fairview strangler" was going to be someone we know and they made you think it would maybe be one of the kids of the housewives or ex lovers, someone we'd seen for years. But it ends up being this kid who had only just come on the show. I thought it was a huge cop out and pretty stupid so i stopped watching for a while but i got back into watching it by the end of the next season and i've kept up with it ever since.

I thought both episodes last night were great. I especially loved the very begining when you found out that Martha Huber was on to Mary Alice from the very first meeting. I also liked the references to the first season with Gabby and Carlos except in reverse. the "ghosts" at the end was a little weird. I live in the suburbs so it's weird to think maybe the ghosts of people who died on my street are standing infront of the houses they used to own. I liked it better know Mary Alice was in heaven looking down at her old friends.

but i like how we found out that everyone was going to be OK. Even Susan, i know they didn't go into her future but you figure she found love eventually and continued to stay close to Julie and watch over MJ. I am glad that they didn't dive too deeply into the new "mystery." some shows love doing cliff hangers. I didn't think this was one. "a box is simply a box" i really had no interest in what was inside it. I thought for sure the girls husband was going to turn out to be someone we know from the past. I'm glad it didn't.

Now with e-mails, cell phones, texting, skyping, facebook and twitter, i bet the girls kept in touch with each other all the time. They might not have all gotten together but i'm sure they remained friends.

• Members

Loved the finale!

I agree that it would have been nice to see what happens to Bree's kids (especially Andrew), and also Gabby's two daughters. Oh well.

I loved the ghosts at the end. Does anyone remember what happened to Alfre Woodard's character? She was Season 2 (or 3's) big mystery story arc, but I can't remember if she passed away or moved away. Anyway, the black ghost lady in the end looked like her (even though it wasn't Alfre) - I wonder if that was supposed to be 'her'.

• Members

I'm going to have to watch it again because i thought it was her. She looked a lot like her. there were so many people. I know Marc Cheerry was scheduled to be on The View on monday but either he canceled or they canceled it because he wasn't on. I hoped he would be so he could explain the ending a little more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived