Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

The promise was only about them all playing poker again together. I'm sure they kept in touch but we won't really know how much they saw each other, just that the four of them never saw each other again at one time. How could Susan and Lynette not stay in touch, they have a grandkid together.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The shot of Lynette with the grandchildren mentions six of them but doesn't show or mention Julie and Porter's kid. WTF? Seems odd, especially after they were both there for the kid's birth. I really fail to see how Susan and Lynette wouldn't keep in touch.

• Members
Lynette lives in NYC and Parker and Julie live in CA. It's not too hard to believe that they don't move with her but instead stay in CA or even somewhere else. I don't think their kid needed to be there. Besides how did you even make out that the kid wasn't?

• Members

That's how i took it too.

I liked the finale until the last ten minutes. I HATE when shows end with everyone moving away and not staying in touch. I think it's the biggest cop out and not a satisfying ending at all.

The relationships I saw develop over the last 8 years are not the kind you just "lose touch with". These ladies were more than friends. If you're willing to stand trial for MURDER to protect someone, you're more than friends.

It was out of character for ALL of them to leave.

• Members

What piques my interest the most is the new housewife's "mystery." Not necessarily the actual mystery, because I got tired of DH's mysteries a long time ago, but the fact that Susan left before the others did, so whatever new wife's mystery was, you know the others were probably all up in her business to figure it out.

I'm just glad that my suspicion that the whole thing from Mary Alice's suicide on was going to be a dream/nightmare didn't come true.

• Members

I kind of wished they had had that mysterious woman move into Mary Alice's house instead of Susan's. The whole show started there, so to me it would have been fitting to introduce the "new mystery" there as it comes full circle.

• Members

We don't know where Julie was living, do we? Wisteria Lane is located in the fictitious Eagle State which many have placed somewhere around Indiana. They don't live in California, hence Gaby and Carlos moving there in the little epilogue. I like that they all kind of moved out of the fantastical neighborhood that couldn't possible exist in a real place to actual states we all know. It fits with the show ending.

The kid wasn't there because Lynette was old and all the grandkids were like 10. Julie and Porter's kid would be like at least 20. Also wasn't Julie's kid a girl? There was only one girl among the kids and she was the youngest.

• Members

Gabby and Carlos moved to Hollywood. I always thought Fairview was in northern California.

Anyways Julie does live with/near Susan and thats not in NYC. Its not too hard a stretch to believe that she stayed put there with Porter, raising their child. The kids that would have moved with Lynette would have been Penny, Paige and maybe Parker. Those 3 are the ones to most likely stay in and around NY and those were most likely their kids

They never gave resolution to Tom's daughter. They shipped off that demon child and never revisited her. What a waste

• Members

More shows should be honest and say friendships die. It's far more true to life than fake ass endings like SATC where women who had little in common and who barely seemed to be able to have a conversation by the end of the show were going to be BFF forever.

• Members

I honestly cant see how Bree could stay friends with any of them at the end of this season. They ALLL threw her under the bus and risked her going to jail and the death penalty for a crime they ALL were involved in. And they were all complete bitches to her and nearly drove her to kill herself earlier this season. The cruelty she faces from them was unbelievable and they were moved on with their lives bc they saved their own asses while hers was getting ripped to shreds. Their friendship was tested and they all let her down. In real life she would move on and not have much to do with them again

Archived