Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched last week's episode. I LOVED how they kept teasing us with different deaths; Karen, Jane, Juanita. I was unfortunately spoiled about the death but it was heartbreaking. I'm still crying; Mike's death scene was amazingly well done, especially the quick flashbacks. The show can still deliver when it needs to.

I don't really mind him dying because he stopped being interesting after Season 1, Denton is pretty bad and not even his looks are what they used to be. His connection to Susan was the ONLY reason why he was kept around. Hopefully, this will propel Susan to something better.

• Members

Wow I thought this was the most beautiful episode in a VERY long time. Loved how they weaved the flashbacks into everyone's current storylines. The ending had me bawling SO hard when she was talking about MJ pitching for little league, and Mike fixing the cars.

Great, great episode.

• Members

Guess it was just me then bc I thought it was boring and did nothing to move the season forward. I wish they had focused less on flashbacks and more on current things. The flashbacks with Mike was all that should have sufficed. All that extra stuff that didnt include him felt unnecesary and a real time killer

• Members

Ah so you mean like the flashbacks without Mike in them (the ones with Mama Solis, Bree, etc?) I guess I can see your point but it was nice to get a brief little recap of the main women's lives/loves as the show is coming to a close. If anything, I disagree with you in saying the episode didn't move the plot forward because I was annoyed that Bree's murder arc was in the episode at all.

• Members

Teri Hatcher really just broke me tonight. I've seen that level of grief too many times. It gave me heartbreaking flashbacks of two summers ago, when one of my closest friends lost her mother. Her mother had been a second mother to me, and I flew into town as soon as I heard. Just walking in the house and knowing she was never going to be there again was like a vacuum, it just sucked the life out of everything. And Teri Hatcher conveyed that PERFECTLY tonight. Bravo, Ms. Hatcher.

• Members

I just watched last weeks episode and thought it was good. I havent seen tonights how although I think I missed the episode before last week. Going to have to look for it. The one where Bree finds out the truth about Orsen.....I was like when did that happen...lol...

• Members

I thought the episode was very well done. I don't think there is a need to "move the season forward" because, after an 8-year veteran character dies, you stop, and you give them their due. Besides, it would feel very weird to focus on other storylines heavily when such a BIG event has happened. If it's so soul-crushing for the characters, why would they go about their lives like it's a normal day? In situations like these, you tend to freeze in time, and memories (at least for the day of the funeral!).

I just loved the flashback with a young Bree and then with Rex. Bree felt like she did in Season 1 again and it was a glorious feeling. It was nice that they weaved Mike in the various flashbacks. And it's good that this event changed a lot of things for a lot of people--it seems the death will be a springboard for the events that will shape up the end of the series.

Susan's eulogy and the scene with the four friends later had me bawling.

Archived