Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What happened with Gabby and Carlos is unnacceptable. They need to sue. Look at all the money they spent on this pregnancy for a hospital mistake. I would be so pissed to lose a child I never had.

Previews look good. John finally returns. Loved him and they should have never have dropped his plot so early last season. Andrew will be back too. I can do without him though.

• Members

I was REALLY looking forward to Gabby/Carlos having a child and seeing that storyline played out. These cheap gimmicks are wearing thin. Is Marc Cherry really writing these episodes? DH is losing me fast. It has a good cast, but doesn't know how to utilize it to its full potential. Felicity Huffman should be leading a frontburner story!

• Members

Looks like another season of one episode's good, the next episode's bad, the next episode's good, etc.

I wasn't that thrilled by tonight's episode. It had some GREAT moments, but overall ... it just wasn't ... I dunno. Something was just missing.

Gabby and Carlos were hilarious. I can't believe Xiao-Mei gave birth to a black baby. I didn't see that coming. Wow. What an end to a story! I'm actually really looking forward to Gabby and Carlos getting back together. Nice to see John back next week.

Bree and Orson are bugging me. I hate stupid Bree. I actually kind of like Orson though. But add me to the list of those wondering just where the hell Bree's daughter is. It makes no sense she isn't included. But wow at the morgue scene! Things just get more interesting. And I love Laurie Metcalf as Caroline Bigsby. Why a show hasn't picked up Laurie full time is beyond me. I think she'd rock on a show like Boston Legal.

I kinda like Ian and Susan. A bit boring but I can at least like watching Susan again.

I didn't see any sparks between Julie and Austin (Edie's nephew). Meh. Hopefully they grow on me because it has potential.

Loved Lynette setting up Nora and Carlos. LOL. So there's still problems between Lynette and Tom. I'm glad that's not been forgotten. But what happened to Lynette's job? I know she switches jobs later down the road ... but why has that angle been dropped?

• Members

Another very good episode IMHO. I do wonder where Danielle is, it makes no sense. Joy Lauren(Danielle) is still on the show, since they still are showing her name in the credits. Andrew makes sense since he was dropped off in the middle of nowhere by Bree at the end of last season.

Also I just noticed tonight that another regular is off the show or at least off contract. Richard Burgi (Karl Mayer) is no longer listed in the credits. It's a shame, I liked Burgi as Karl. I think they should've kept him on for Edie, but maybe Edie will end up with Mike.

• Members

I'm with Mulder and leevo. Loved tonight's episode! the way Ian and Susan tried to one-up each other during the wedding toast was great! And I loved that the suspicious Laurie Metcalfe character was there to identify the body. I didn't make out what Orson said to the stiff, though. He called her Monique, right? Whatup with THAT?

• Members

Worst episode ever as far as I'm concerned.

Why is Bree rushing into marriage with a man she doesn't even trust? If she did, she wouldn't have asked him at the altar if he killed his wife. Now it seems that Orson is a serial killer since he knew the corpse. Bree has become a total idiot, imo.

Gabrielle & Carlos ought to sue the clinic. There was no excuse for a black baby, except if Xiao Mei had lied about being a virgin and was sleeping with Betty's son (which, imo, would have been a better twist).

Susan & Ian, ZZZZZZZ.

The one part that worked for me was Lynette scheming to find Nora a man and as I type that I realize how pathetic it sounds. This is the best the new writers can come up with?

Archived