Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

For me, Bree's moment was the funniest on the show. Evidently, Rex and the pharmacist NEVER went 'down there' because she didn't even realize that would give her an orgasm! I loved it! Granted, I'd HOPED she'd stay true to her decision to wait before sleeping with him, but it was SO in character for her to get turned on by Orson's extreme cleaning methods. OOHHH!! GENIUS writing. Absolutely fresh, funny and GENIUS!!!

You're back, Marc! You're back! DH is going to be great this season!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh. I thought it was kind of boring. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it was nothing special. I do love Marcia Cross and Bree. Marcia is freaking amazing, as is Felicity Huffman. That scene with Tom where she made him realize he needed to grow some balls was great. Lynette kicks ass.

I can't stand the guy that plays Orson. I didn't even like him on Sex and the City. I hate that Bree gets the creepy guys and annoying-ass-Susan always gets the hotties. What's up with that?

• Members

Well, I, for one, LOVE that Bree's getting another psycho. Especially because it makes sense. She can overlook the fact that he may have murdered someone (or may not have) because of his perfectionism, which probably has NEVER been matched by another lover. It's amazing! Hopefully they can redeem Orson because he and Bree just work. They're perfect. Of course, Trey and Charlotte on "Sex" were that way, too, and later we were treated to Harry/Charlotte, which, in its own strange way, wasn't perfect, but RIGHT. So maybe, like for Charlotte, Orson (also played by MacLachlan) signifies Bree's mid-way point to TRUE love.

• Members

Eh, it was ok.

The humor was never the problem for me, it was the drama. Last season, the show tried being a comedy instead of the dramedy it was originally and it looks like that is going to continue.

Orson/Carolyn feels just like Paul/Felicia and frankly I couldn't care less.

Lynette's story was great and Bree's first orgasm was funny, the rest of the episode sucked, imo.

• Members

I felt the same way. I wasn't overwhelmed or terribly excited by the season opener. The one liners and humor is back in major way. I :lol::lol::lol: anytime Lynette, Gabby or Bree was on.

The pregnant chick does need her ass kicked by Gaby. :angry: As does the baby Momma who keeps stalking Lynette and Tom. You DO NOT NEED to ocme to a birthday party.

If the show fast forwarded six months and it was Christmas, what time are they in now?

Overall, I give it a 6. Nothing special but ok.

• Members

Nora got annoying about 2 seconds after she debuted last season. I do love her daughter, Kayla though

I like Orson. I know he's looking pretty bad but I hope he turns out okay bc I dont want Bree with yet another psycho

It kind of feels weird that they are celebrating Christmas now. No Halloween or Thanksgiving episodes this year

• Members

- Love Tom and Lynette (Flicka is devine), even love the fact that he has a kid. But I DESPISE his baby mama. Orson, there's your next victim!

- Marcia just gets more and more beautiful, and she's pregnant now so man that's gonna be one gorgeous redhead to be jealous of.

- I loved Kyle mL on SATC, I wish they'd waited to make him a psycho. Why not just make him the one good guy, if they wanna kick him off, just have Bree realize that it's just not right. There's character growth for ya too. Genius moment when she got turned on because he's a clean freak though.

- I love Gabby. I just love her, and Eva has really found what works for her, she's fab as Gabs.

- Susan is ... annoying.

• Members

I loved it. I felt that all the actresses at one point in the episode seemed to get some really great dramatic moments as well as some light comedy ones. It was all around interesting and it was an ensemble peice. Bree at the end where we could just see that she didn't know what to do and she came back into the room and her friends wanted to comfort her and she just put her hand up and told them to stop and then her taking out the garbage in the rain and just stopping everything while in deep thought. Marcia Cross owns it again for me. She rocks and is amazing.

Bree does seem to get all the strong stories. I'm not to interested in the Orson story because it's yet another murder mystery and he reminds me all too much of Paul Young's character. We had Marie Alice, The Applewhites and now Orson who have all been linked to murder's and I'm kind of tired of it. But I do have to say that this story does seem to be written better.

From the get go I was semi interested in Orson's wife and what happended to her.

Felicity Huffman does a great job and she really worked it in that one line: "Do I still come first with you"

I'm liking Kayla and I find her mother to be a hoot. She is an over the top psycho and she is going to cause major trouble and she is going to use that sweet little girl Kayla to do it.

I loved Eva during this episode. She is such a perfect little witch and I'm soo glad she is treating Xiao Meign like complete crap I'd say ship her off to China you cheating tramp! :lol: I liked her talk with Carlos at the end. My American dream is over. Then she rolled off in her car :lol: !

I think Terri did well with the coma scenes but I wanted more from her. I felt that she didn't do as well as running after Mike in her wedding dress. Now that was heart breaking. Terri could have done alittle more she was given more material then both Eva and Felicity and I thought they did a better job with their respectable scenes. Althou I did like her last line. It's really only dinner. :(

• Members

I thought the first episode of season 3 was great! I loved how Gabi is on her own, Bree is finding happiness (or so she thinks), Lynette is dealing with Tom's ex and Susan has been taking care of Mike for the past 6 months and Edie, trying so hard to sell that house.

There has to be more to the Orson story....where is his wife, why he ran Mike over.

Should be an interesting season. I hope so anyway! :D

Archived