Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

Tonight's episode was definitely the best episode of Desperate Housewives ever. It reaffirmed the theme of the show: desperate housewives. This episode had it all: romance, adventure, action, suspense, comedy and high drama. Felicity Huffman should definitely win the emmy for her performance, and Laurie Metcalf should as well. I read an article a few days ago on how the show this season was "good" but not "classic." Well, tonight's was quite a classic.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't add much here. Best "DH" episode ever. I jumped when Carolyn shot Nora...and from that point on? I BAWLED LIKE A BABY. I couldn't believe it. The tears just flowed until the previews. It was such an emotional show!!! There's nothing else to say. Not much, anyway. It was an amazing show. BEST show of this week even though the other shows up until Saturday haven't aired yet. NO WAY could anything top it. Dang. Just one problem though. While I enjoyed Lynette telling Carolyn off, I REALLY wanted someone to put her in her place, knock her around a little bit. Also, why did the Sunday school teacher kill her when it wasn't self defense? That was something I didn't get.

• Members

OMG What a Show DH rocked tonite

Not surprised Nora Died I guest it weeks ago that Nora would die during all this.

Felicity was great as was Laurie ladies make room for EMMY"s home

Also loved the Lynette/Mary Alice Dream so damn emotinal had me almost in tears

BRAVO DH a very awesome episode

Robert

• Members

Not self defense?? The woman had a gun and shot someone...she had a right to shot her. Plus Carolyn said, "Don't give me a reason to make him wake up without a mommy." Hello...shot the crazy.

I jumped when she shot Nora!! Knew it was coming...just didn't think it would happen like that.

The only thing is this was not very funny...more dramatic and DH is not a drama series according to Marc Cherry!

Loved the Tom/Susan interaction.

• Members

I think the guilt will eat both Bree and Lynette alive. Eveerytime Lynette sees Kayla, she will think of how she was responsible for her mother's death and Bree carries the guilt of setting things in motion. I think this is how they both will think. I thought it was surprsing how Nora died so early in the season bc I think there were a number of ways to play out her story

• Members

Last nite's episode was a-m-a-z-i-n-g amazing. Usually I tape and then watch at a later time but last nite's episode I watched live-start to finish-and really enjoyed it. Felicity and Laurie better get some Emmy love and the executives better submit this episode come Emmy time.

• Members

I thought it was a great episode, easily the best this season (not that this season has been very good, imo). I know I'm in the minority but I would not call this one of the best episodes ever. The entire first season was better.

There was too much of Susan/Ian for my taste and the Carlos/Gabrielle "War of the Roses" part fell flat for me. Also, Julie & Edie's nephew bonding during the crisis made me cringe.

Having said that, I did cheer a bit when Nora got shot. :P

Then, I started crying due to Lynette's reaction and the followup shots of Carlos/Gabrielle, Tom/Lynette, Susan/Julie, etc. The ending was excellent.

It's great that Lynette can stop feeling guilty over not saving Mary Alice but I wonder if she'll now start having dreams about Nora or Caroline.

Archived