Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

Dang, WorldTurns , with the AIDS vibe! If Art's story ended tonight -- and I hope to GOD it didn't, Marc Cherry (you hear me?!!!) -- then I doubt the makeup artists put that much thought into such an important, unknown detail about Art's character. That's creepy...just too creepy for me to discuss right now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the episode too!

I thought Ian's ultimatum was wrong. I certainly understand his jealousy and concern, but love is not about telling someone who they can or cannot be friends with... I just think it will eventually be the destruction of Ian and Susan.

Alma being alive is an interesting twist. Bree is simply too naive. Even with Mike being arrested, I still think there is something suspicious about Orson. And so we found out that Orson was committed to a mental hospital for a year... what exactly does that say except that he is off-kilter and we could tell that without that slip of paper?! Perhaps we need to find out WHY he was committed!

Lynette was fabulous! And that story is so creepy! :blink:

• Members

Is Matt Roth off the show now, or...? Because I thought he was phenomenal as Art. That last scene with Art and Lynette was phenomenal. When she started realizing that he had duped her... how that look in her eyes just changed completely... Brilliant.

I love Gabby, and that new guy is DELISH.

• Members

It was an okay episode, imo.

The highlight for me was Lynette & Art at the end. I loved how the writers raised doubts about whether he really was a pedophile while he was being picketted and attacked, and then at the end when Lynette was feeling so guilty, he confessed to her. I also thought it was ironic that he hadn't acted on his feelings for kids because of his sister, but now that Lynette took care of her, he's free to do what he wants. I also hope this story isn't over because I can't see Lynette just letting a pedophile go.

I love Gabrielle's new storyline. It's great to see her working and moving on from Carlos, imo.

So, Alma is alive after all. I still think Bree took Orson back way too soon and I can't believe she didn't tell the police about his connection to Monique! Bree needs her brain back ASAP.

I think Orson's mother had him committed to the mental hospital because he was rebelling against her. If I'm not mistaken, he was a teenager when he was instituationalized, right?

Susan/Ian still do nothing for me. I was glad to finally get a good Susan/Mike scene where she knew he was innocent, especially right after Edie broke up with him because she thought he was guilty.

• Members

Brillant episode.

I thought it was really random how Edie broke up with Mike just like that? I really hope Susan goes and sees Mike again..Ian was kind of cruel by giving her that dilemma, and her agreeing to it.

Lynette..wow..that last scene with Art gave me chills. I wonder if we'll see him again. Sad that his sister died, I thought she would play more into the storyline.

Gabby! Cruel! lol! Her new guy is pretty hot though, so I'm interested in this storyline.

Alma is alive..great twist, really.

• Members

This show is the best show on television in my opinion.

The entire episode, including Art/Lynette, the Alma twist, Bree and Susan's clash, and Gabrielle's comic relief, was just superb.

I do hate when they make little mistakes in continuity, though. I didn't believe it was possible when Bree told Susan that she asked Orson to leave "last night," because they had just shown all that stuff with the block party, etc.

Edie is a [!@#$%^&*].

Dixie Carter rocks!

Susan and Mike in the prison made me cry ... she didn't even have to ask!

Archived