Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. DH is the best thing going right now. I have loved it all along, but I feel like it's regained some of the "It factor" that it lost last season. Not that this necessarily relates to quality or even success, because the show was constantly Top 5 last season. However, there's something different this season that reminds me of how it was in Season 1.

I love Susan and Mike, and I just love Susan, period. I can see how the character would be a love-her-or-hate-her type deal, and I am on the love side. She never gets old to me, and Teri Hatcher is absolutely GIFTED when it comes to physical comedy.

This season, I am like every storyline and I'm glad McCluskey is being featured so regularly!

• Members

Well tonight's episode was slow at times...and couldn't keep my attention either.

Bad:

The Gabby thing was just dull and didn't grab me.

The Susan/Butler thing was sorta funny, but got boring quick - it's just a drawer people!

The Mike stuff I still don't care about.

Good:

Lynette and creepy neighbor got good - I am interested in seeing what happens next.

The BEST part of tonight was Bree/Orson/Dixie Carter - but there wasn't enough. LMAO at Andrew selling Orson's mom a bottle of wine! I just think Dixie Carter is kicking a$$ and taking names in this role.

• Members

they're celebrating Christmas next week? WTF?!? I thought they did that in the first episode of the season bc of the 6 month gap. I remember Nora get in the middle of the Christmas photos

One thing Ive noticed is that there havent been any reruns so far and its towards the end of Nov. Good job ABC. Im guessing the next episode is the last one till next year

• Members

Hee Hee loved seeing the Joan of Arcadia gods.....Mclousky played an older lady god and one of the little girls(the one in turquoise) Gabby was training played god on Joan of Arcadia. I miss that show.

I liked the reveal about Monique. Dixie Carter rocked! :lol:

The stuff going on between Susan and the Butler was funny. I don't think Ian is ready to move on like he says he is.

• Members

I think the show has improved immensely over last season. It's still not half as good as the first year, but it's in my top 5 now.

Last night, I loved Gabrielle's story. She was so funny with the kids and touching at the same time. Imo, it's about time Gabby had some depth!

Susan and the butler were good, but I still can't stand Ian. I want her back with Mike ASAP.

LMAO at Carlos claiming to be Mike's best friend then admitting Mike was mysterious and secretive. At least he got Mike to let him stay there for awhile. :P

Dixie Carter definitely enlivens the Bree/Orson story, but it bothers me to see her with another psycho so soon after George. Imo, Bree has come off as a moron this season until this episode and if it weren't for Orson's mother, this whole plot would have been painful to watch.

My favorite part of the episode was Lynette versus the assumed pedophile. I can't think of any other reason he would have gotten rid of the pictures so I believe she's right about him and I loved how she got Mrs. McClusky involved in proving it. I find this story the most entertaining and compelling.

• Members

Just in case some of the younger members of the board missed out on Orson's Edward Albee joke about his mother. Dixie Carter is acting and is dressing like and her hair is exactly the same as Elizabeth Taylor's look in the movie, "Who's Afaird of Virginia Woolf'. Very funny. Loving Dixie in this role.

Archived