Desperate Housewives: Discussion Thread

• Members

This season has been much better than last season, I agree it may not be as good as season one (but I think there also is that "new" show thing which helped it in season 1), but it has been much better. They are trying to make it work and for the most part it has, IMO.

But this episode was easily the best since season 1, if not ever. There was actually plot movement instead of the usual stagnance and character development too. I don't think the plot would have worked if it was another housewife in there. Lynette and Felicity, is the only one who could pull that off. I think she deserves another Emmy. I loved the dream flashback. Everything was just perfect. Buh-bye Nora.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Give Felicity the Emmy right now.

Anyone have a clue about the new brother and disabled sister who moved into Mary Alice's home last night? I hope this will be interesting and not like the Applewhite family snooze fest from last season.

• Members

Well i don't have much more to add....except this was my favorite episode of Housewives ever...It was extremely entense from beginning to end...and had me on the ede of my seat..Laurie Metcalfe is a lock for an emmy for guest star...(she lost last year for Greys right?)

And finally Lynette has a meaty storyline....hope it lasts..

• Members

Stunning!

I agree with almost everybody's comments and enthusiasm.

I can't remember ever literally JUMPING up during a show like I did when she shot Nora. That was just shocking to me. Then, Felicity Huffman giving perhaps the best performance of her life in those few seconds. Amazing.

Susan and the megaphone, Bree and the food, and Gabrielle/Carlos were all handled really well as the main drama played out.

This show never fails to knock my socks off, but this was something else.

• Members

I have to say this is the best episode this season possiably of the series at any rate this is the best episode since season one everything was fabulously paced and the entire story just flowed together amazingly well. Everything hit and It was some of the best acted episode of the series.

Bree. I have to say I didn't feel sorry for Bree at all in this episode and I can't feel even the slightest tinsy bit bad for her. She caused it all. She spilled the secret and for what? Because she was trying to protect her from a woman beating, murdering psycho? I'm sorry I don't by that she fell crap for a min. and I don't think Bree would be stupid enough to believe her. "she wacked me with a pan and I pushed her down the steps" :mellow::rolleyes: He would have been out the door those bruises don't come from a fall and they certaintly don't hit those parts of the face that hard either. Geez Bree is soo stupid for believing that man.

Marcia brought it thou you can just tell when she was with the Scavo boys that she really was sorry. But too little too late. Body's in motion....

Lynette. I don't believe for one second that she is really that sad over Nora's death and yes I do partially blame her for the death of Nora. Really the woman threatens to shoot her cheating husband yet you tell her that the woman standing next to you (whom you hate) went after your husband. I mean really. You were just asking her to be shot. :rolleyes: I hope the guilt eats her alive cause I didn't like her knocking down Nora's door and attacking her with her kid in the house none the less. But the full custody bit was a nice play.

But Felicty brought it. I felt for her during the Mary Alice stuff and but not the Nora stuff I just don't think that she would of spilled that if deep down inside her she didn't want her to be blown to bits.

Felicty and Marcia were the shining actresses this week.

Susan. I loved Susan in this episode and i'm loving her the most out of all the other characters this season. She was amazing comedic relief for it all and saying I will be the best hostage ever if you let me switch places with Julie. You can tell she really loves her and I just rooted for her all the way this episode. The last thing I told her was that I was disappointed in her. :( She is the housewife I felt for the most this eppie.

Gabriel. She was given a minor part. But I did like that she personified with the crazy lady and she seemed to understand how she felt. It's a very realitic thing to do and I do think that if she was pushed to it maybe Gabby could go off on Carlos as well. Lord knows he deserved it after everything he put her threw. He should be scared out of his wits.

Tom. I love Tom. I love the actor who plays him. He is just so charming and amazing and I just fall in love with him everytime I see him. I felt for him as well and I loved the scenes he had with Susan. We were out of hamburger and I had to have hamburgers. :(

I'm glad Edie was backburnered somewhat in this episode. She needed to be after the last two episodes rubbing Susans greif in her face. I'm not looking forward to the Julie/Austin romance. I liked them at first but now that they're going with the whole "I can't resist the bad boy" thing next episode I'm just soo turned off by it now.

• Members

:D I'm so Glad that Nora died. I was afraid it was gonna end up being Lynette (thanks to the dream of Mary Alice) or Julie. I was shocked at the way she was shot but thank you Marc Cherry and the rest of the DH writers. I do think DH, Felicity Hoffman & Laurie Metcalf definitely should get noms, as should Teri Hatcher, Nicollette Sheridan, Doug Savant & Marcia Cross.

• Members

I disagree, Josh. The truth is, Edie's nephew already head Carolyn under control. She had no weapon, at that point, she was no longer a threat. Sorry, but I truly believe this wasn't self defense, and Sunday School witch could go to jail (in real life) for shooting and killing her, clearly in cold blood. I mean, come on. she was no longer a threat. she was contained. And without a weapon, well, a crazy woman is just the "b" word. She's not that dangerous. What, maybe she could scratch the residents of Fairview with her fingernails...but yeah...that's pretty much it. That's why everyone seemed shocked when the gun went off, and why the camera took forever to pan to the person who did it, because it wasn't self defense.

• Members

But it wasn't like Carolyn gave up when Austin attacked her! Carolyn was fighting him, wrestling and reaching for the gun to regain control of the hostage situation. I do believe it was in self defense, because, had that been me in that situation at a grocery store with a woman holding a gun and firing it two times and she was still reaching for it, I would have blown her to hell and back too. So I respectfully :) disagree!

Archived