GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great episode today, except for Sasha. 

For a second, I though Nina wanted a word with Carly to try and bury the hatchet. I'm glad that didn't happen. I was surprised the show took so long to get back to them.

I was actively cheering when Laura was so forthright with Sonny. Even Ava immediately listening in to every word and that magically appearing the second Laura left. I'm so invested, it hurts.

Speculation time: If Michael Easton is leaving as is rumoured and certainly hoped for, I'm guessing after Gregory dies, Alexis will stop him from succumbing to his alcohol addiction and they'll end up either kissing or hooking up. Being the kind of man he is, he'll tell Elizabeth the truth, she'll end things between them, and he'll leave Port Charles with Violet. Nicely, I do think he was trying his best today and was quite good for him.

• Members

I know Linda "I Don't Wake Up for Less Than $10K a Day!" Evangelista wouldn't do it, lol!

Why bother dropping the bombshell on Zoom?  They could just text each other, lol!

• Members

Agree another great episode. 

About ME, I have noticed 2 things in the past 4 days. 

First, he got a haircut!

Second, he's actually better. 

Please register in order to view this content

Obviously lots of what we like & don't like is subjective. I really think that hair & clothes may be the most subjective of all. I was watching live, in a Jarly Zoom & her outfit today was met with great adulation! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Right?  I have not watch the show yet, but I will soon.  I would never want to disparage my Brenda's chosen career as I am sure there is a lot of things that go into modeling besides looks and all.  And I am not sure Sasha even excelled at that.

But....working as a chef for a wealthy family that expects three gourmet meals a day requires some culinary training and technique that probably doesn't work with Sasha's one signature meal she makes.

ETA- Watching now, I didn't think Carly's dress was that bad.  It wasn't the most flattering, but it wasn't the worst thing she's worn.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

GH had Sonny be the damn focus of the show for years under Guza (2002-2011) and it was the Sonny show. That was the mistake. This is GH, not The Sorpranos. Sonny could never pay in Guza land cause it would ruin his narrative. Now Sonny is being called out finally & I love it.

• Members

I loved the scenes between Sonny and Laura today. But I have to wonder what is the endgame here? An entire town against Sonny but him still standing will get old quickly. We have heard nothing concrete about him actually ready to leave like we did with Tony Geary.

• Members

Is it anything new for other characters to call out Sonny? Calling out Jason is more of a rarity. All the way back to Guza, Sonny could be dragged, but it's mostly a smokescreen.

I'm more interested in some of the responses to Sasha becoming the Q cook (mainly the fans who think the show is through Trina and Sasha trying to subjugate women) than I am in the story itself. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

There are so many characters having career changes on this show since the new writers took over that it's become something of a joke. And none of it involves the hospital!

Just because weak characters have new jobs isn't going to make them work!!

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

Have you all seen what Maxie, Brook Lynn and Sasha wear?  The dress wasn't the greatest on Carly, but it was still relatively fashionably.  I don't think she looked out of place at the Metro Court or sloppy and I am pretty mean about fashion on Gh

• Members
Posted (edited)

Plus, working for the Quartermaines isn't like working for the Waltons.  They're a mercurial bunch, to say the least; and Tracy in particular would reduce poor Sasha to a puddle of tears before the end of her first shift.

I miss Reginald Jennings, lol.

Perhaps, the show is setting up some big "Who Shot Sonny?" storyline?  At least, that's where I'd go with it - and if not there, then maybe have him suffer a stroke or heart attack or some such event.  Then, I'd have Brenda return for a short spell and have her, Carly and probably Ava clash repeatedly over how best to care for the recuperating Sonny, lol.

Edited by Khan