GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I want the same for Tracy - except, I want a man for her who ISN'T at death's door.

Poor Brenda, always getting left out in the rain.  And, you know, maybe I'm crazy, but I believe that a part of her loved Sonny for wanting to do the "right thing" for the sake of his and Lily's kid, even if it meant losing him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I still think they fumbled the bag massively with both ME and Richard Burgi in 2015-16. Burgi, a noted, sexy primetime star, came on as a scheming Paul Hornsby - a character with a very grey history both on the show and with Tracy - and had real chemistry with Jane. Instead he was a serial killer packed away so Burgi could go fail at Y&R, which I don't blame him for. Same with ME's Finn. When Easton first returned as his (sigh) third character, against all odds Finn was quirky, idiosyncratic and actually different from Easton's usual schtick. Furthermore, he had intense chemistry with Jane and was played with her regularly as a friend and doctor. They should've gone for it.

Instead FV was determined to find a sexy new supercouple for ME and pushed for Easton/Budig, then Easton/Finola and on and on and here we are.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I can't even see how or where or why pairing Lois and Martin would make sense, tbh.  There's "opposites attract," and then there's "random as heck."  (Sorry, John, but I gotta call 'em like I see 'em on this one.)

If you really want to take the time to give Martin, a recurring character, a new love interest, then give him Diane.  At the very least, the Diane/Robert relationship might come to a merciful end, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm not even sure why they ended Martin and Lucy, unless D&C were trying yet another horrific round of elderly Scott and Lucy (since they slept together yet again for no reason). Martin was a decent enough partner for her in a pinch, even if I don't think she ever found out about Blair, Deception, etc. I will never give up on Kevin and Lucy or more for her character, but Martin was fine and felt reasonably organic, unlike most of these cheap convenience couples I mentioned (like Robert and Diane).

(I also think Blair/Melador would make a solid recurring villain for Lucy, Maxie and Deception to bounce off of from time to time, but the audience would stone them for that and rightly so.)

• Members

I agree.  When she says, 'be a good father, make it worth it."  I think she does at the very least understand the choice and is pretty resigned to it because she marries Jax the next day lol.

Anyhow, I didn't mind Lucy/Martin.  I found it silly and not all that deep though.  

I can't even imagine Lois/Martin together.  I still can't believe GH finally got Rena back and didn't even plan a story, love interest, anything for her outside Brook Lynn's wedding.  It makes me wonder if Dan and Chris were thinking about Sonny/Lois and my earlier bad vibes were correct.  

More OLTL transplants on GH.

• Members

More OLTL people? I don't think it's what GH fans are craving after three (four if you count Caleb) separate roles for two OLTL stars, among many, many other OLTL visitors lol.

You and me both, IIRC! I kind of believe they were, though I also think a Sonny/Ava ONS was going to happen in some way as drama for Sonny and Nina. I seriously doubt scheming Ava was their idea though.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ah, okay.  I wasn't sure if you were referring to something else, lol.

And yes, I would have to agree.  As hard as it's been to let go of AMC and OLTL, I really believe GH/FV needs to declare a moratorium on that stuff.

That's what I'm saying.  I know it all begins with names on a paper, but even when I put their names together....  I'm sorry, but I just don't see it.

Now what I CAN see is Lois falling for someone she remembers from the old neighborhood, who now lives and works in PC, and is just a regular, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy.  A real Thomas Calabro type.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Regarding Kendrick Cross who plays Detective Bennett:  He starred in "Ambitions"  (Jamey Giddens' show).
Whether or not Ambitions was liked/disliked, I thought Kendrick Cross did a great job.  

Personally I'd like to see him in more than a dayplayer role on GH, but I also think that *if* they decide to increase his presence, it's good he's being introduced gradually.

However, Michele Val Jean was credited as a "consulting producer" on Ambitions, so she would be familiar with Kendrick Cross and might want him for The Gates.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I feel like Lois and Olivia are essentially the same charachter and putting Olivia with Ned was their substitute for no Lois.

Both ladies play the same archetype--- brash and sassy Italian woman with a latina flair. Then again we have Michael, Chase, Dex, etc... serving the same function.

Similarly, when Billy Miller's Drew was in simultaneously with Jason it was two in the same expect Miller's was an imitation of Burton. That why I like Ryan's more animated portrayal of Drew---it differentiates him from Jason.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree. I just think immediately slapping him onto the nearest woman would be too much of an example of what FV loves to do, which is throw recurring or dayplayers at major characters to keep costs low. I'd rather see someone hired for Lois, or see this character built up more for more natural reasons.

She was, and it's almost never been talked about on the show except for very early when RC put them together. I'm not sure even Lois/Ned/Olivia have discussed it, which is nuts. But I wouldn't break them up, because Wally and Rena are never going to consent to a reunion lol. Lisa is good with Wally. I'd just like to see it addressed onscreen. I do think Miller's Jason/Drew was often quite different from Steve's though. Starting with the tender and close relationships with his family, which the show later tried to attach to Steve.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I see where you’re coming from, but I also see the danger in doing that with a character like Lois.  Remember when Lesli Kay’s Lois was paired briefly with Alcazar?  You couldn’t have gotten more “diametrically opposed” than Lois and Alcazar; yet, to me, it seemed OOC for the otherwise streetwise Lois to have anything at all to do with him.

• Members

I really had some thoughts late last year they were going there with them, but I also felt they were going for Sonny/Ava as well.  I really don't have any idea where DOC and CVE were going with the Sonny/Nina/Ava/Lois stuff.

There are a lot of possibilities of where you can go with Lois.  She doesn't even necessarily have a "type".  Ned was her only love interest on the show.  I am obviously ignoring Lesli Kay's run and excluding Alcazar and pretty much any of Lois's character traits at the time.

I do think Lois makes Olivia extremely redundant, but, I agree, I don't know where that would put Ned.

• Members

I actually do think Lesli Kay did a good job as a recast tbh. But it was clear they had little or nothing for her to do, even if she at least was engaged with music. The Alcazar pairing was so bizarre and clearly designed to marginalize him after he flew too close to the sun with Carly.

I think they were definitely teasing it late last year with Sonny and Lois. There were too many heartfelt scenes with them as she stuck her nose into his love life, and she was too involved with it and even tussling with Nina who she does not know.

I don't see a need to do anything about Olivia tbh. She's Ned's wife, she's married to him, she's one of several Q matriarchs. She fills a fun supporting role and she's definitely not going to steal Lois' shine any time soon lol. Just leave her where she is (and maybe eventually let her sleep with Scorpio).