GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm sure I've heard of at least one model who gave up the runway and magazine covers to pursue their dream of being a chef.  But I think the issue here, at least for me, is that Sasha is turning her back on her modeling career to cook for this wealthy family rather than hone her craft first at culinary school or as an apprentice to some famous chef (who could be a spoiler for her and Cody, he mutters under his breath, lol).  It's like, have we missed a few steps here, lol?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the first time Tracy gives Sasha the business for [!@#$%^&*] up a dish, she's done.

Not an easy task, if you ask me.  Rena and Wally shared amazing chemistry.  It's almost like trying to find a new love interest for Laura.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think Sasha quit her modeling job without any sort of savings and is living month to month, so it was kinda dumb to quit a good paying job when she's generally an awful model that won't get hired anywhere else.  But I am going to assume she can't afford culinary school?  That doesn't mean she couldn't start working as a line or prep cook, at say the Metro Court.  

My understanding is that being a chef is rather male dominated anyhow, so I don't get how it's sexist for Sasha to take that job in general.   In real life Sasha would try to make a cooking youtube or tiktok channel and make way more than working at the Q's.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Sasha said she lost all of her money when Gladys fleeced her. And that apartment (that used to be Dr. Kim Nero's) was very expensive and she couldn't afford it without her Deception salary. All lame excuses for where she is now.

• Members

Idk.  I was going off what Sasha said.  I was under the impression Sonny either got some of the money back from Gladys and/or gave Sasha some money to help her out as well.  Sasha was also going to pick up and move to Austin where she knew no one, had no job, and had no place to live last year after the Gladys fiasco, so I don't think life planning is a strong suit of hers.

• Members

LOL!!

Then she should get a job to help her pay for her culinary training.  Better yet, she should've kept going with modeling until she at least had saved enough to pay for school and other expenses.

You're right, Sasha sucks at adulting, lol.

Apparently, the only deception going on was in the girl's finances.

• Members

Yup.  Straight to Austin-the notoriously cheap city lol.   

Listen, all GH had to do is show Sasha's desire to do more than modeling and express her love of cooking more than like once.   Say that she's been saving up to move on to school or even have her try her luck at social media cooking and say she became a sensation.  It's at least as believable as her being a model IMO.

Anything makes Sasha look smarter than well I just quit my very coveted, high paying job with absolutely no life plan or discernable workplace skills...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Actually, Sasha did have some savings regardless of how Gladys messed with her money. She definitely was using it month to month, but it only now seems to be catching up to her enough for her to downsize. 

• Members

Oh, okay.  I said a few posts ago I thought she has some money either from Sonny or leftover.  It still doesn't make sense she can't afford her apartment after being unemployed for a few weeks though.  If her apartment was that expensive her Deception salary couldn't cover it and she had to dip into her savings, she probably should have moved long ago.  She could live above Bobbie's next to Jason lol.

• Members

This Pikeman thread would be a lot more interesting if they didn’t drop it for weeks and then pick it back up again.

Unless this leukemia non-profit venture is an exclude for Drew to be f.ucking both Willow and Nina at the same time, I don’t care.