GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, I never heard or read that. Is that something she said? If not, do you know who said it? I ask because going by what I know was said, (that she said, etc.) that makes no sense LOL! Allow me to try to explain why I think that does not track.  She was given the heads-up that they were going to be letting her go 6 months before the time they cut her loose. They do give people "early warning" sometimes. My understanding of why they let her go was because they did not want to redeem her because they liked her as a villain. It's not clear whether they were testing to see if the amnesia would be an effective way to moderate that character or if it was just one long stall until they reached the point on the calendar when they were ready to cut her loose. 

Thanks for the reply. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

That is completely untrue. And many clickbait sites like Soaphub are peddling spec and reheated social media discussion and calling it 'gossip', but it's not actual scoops or rumor. There is no actual intel that verifies any of what they suggest as ideas (Esme returning, Rory Gibson as Spencer) have any basis in fact. It's just stuff being posted to get hits.

Esme was dumped because the strike ended, a writing change was coming, NAC was out and the show decided to cut their losses on that entire storyline and character and kill two birds with one stone. It happens like that often.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

In the aftermath of her departure, I think that Esme is winning. Nikolas going to prison is victory for Esme. The disruption of the Spencer-Trina romance is victory for Esme. Ace being raised as a Collins instead of as a Cassadine is a victory for Esme. Ava remains divorced from Nikolas and has sold off Wyndemere, depriving Spencer and Nikolas of their castle. That is a victory for Esme. If the entire Cassadine family is dropped from the show, that is victory for Esme. Ava was Esme's primary target, and if she is turning evil now and other characters turn against her, then that must be a victory for Esme. Trina has been left devastated, abandoning Paris, dropping out of school, and only finding solace in babysitting her enemy's son. That is victory for Esme. If Heather makes it out of prison, that is another victory.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members

SoapHub just had an article about Vanessa Marcil returning because Lois made an offhand comment alluding to Brenda the other day.  It had no basis in fact and was all for clicks.  The entire story was built around that one line of dialogue lol.  SoapHub is awful.

Esme's story is complete.  Sure, Ace is around, but wouldn't Esme get arrested if she ever reappeared?   I suppose the door is open for a return later on, but I see no need for her anytime soon.  Characters need to continue to leave the canvas.  We don't need to bring more back.

• Members
Posted (edited)

They have a new Editor-in-Chief over there. Before Diane left, she expressed to me in email very serious frustration with things going on, etc. And I keep seeing new names - not Alina Adams, not Mike Maloney & not Janet Di Lauro. And I keep seeing crap!

My understanding is that they have no intention of bringing either her back or any Spencer back. Obviously that is the kind of thing that could change. But they are not part of status quo. Avery's very talented & I could imagine some show hiring her. 

I took some notes on the Steve/Bradford podcast. I'm excited that he said they are not being in such a rush, taking more time when taping. 

Daily Drama podcast 4-25-24

Steve: lots of cool things going on with the new writers, who have been with the show for ages. ... Big groups of people again. ... Longer scenes ... used to have 1-2 pages, now 6. ... With the shorter scenes you're not building anything. With the longer scenes you're actually building things. We need this relationally (? unsure of word he used) There's a very nostalgic feel to these changes, the way we used to do things & also not so rushed. ...  more time is being taken.

... Carly is brought up by Bradford ...

B: Is Jason in love with Carly? Is he going to make a play for her? I'm sure there is more that could be said ...

S: Yeah, there's more to come on that. I can't really say anything.

S: The base relationship we know.

B: Is it familial?

S: Oh, god, no.

S: Something is being said that I'm calling BS on. If this had happened to Sam, to Liz, or to Sonny, I would have done the same thing. (Protecting them as he is protecting Carly.) We know that it is in my character that I would do this for any of these people if they were in the legal situation Carly is in.

S: About deadbeat dad: Who do these kids need more? Their mothers or me? Their mothers!

S: Jason has an emotional connection with Carly. Some might even say that he is loyal to her, to a fault.

B: But, is he in love with her?

S: We were going to get married! Because of our feelings for each other, yes, but also for other reasons as it would be best for other people, too, if we were a married couple.

S: Something about people know we crossed that line.

Baseline: Jason always shows up for Carly.

B: What if Carly got involved with Jagger? Would that be a problem for Jason?

S: YES! That would be a problem to Jason's way of thinking about things. He might have to make Jagger disappear. Wait, I don't even know if Jason does that anymore.

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

I've thought this for years. I will never understand how they've become the faces of the show. And I don't think the show would lose much viewership if Sonny got a nice little exit story and the rest of the show was actually good.

• Members

HW: Patrick Mulcahey & Elizabeth Korte

BDW: Suzanne Flynn

SW: Scott Sickles

DIR: Jillian DeDotte

Today was amazing

I loved Laura. GF was so good and spot on with Sonny

I am not sure why MB still whispers & mumbles

What is Ava's end game here?

The whole Gregory talk with Him & Tracy and Finn and Alexis was also so good & true to life

I actually like Sasha being the new cook for the Q's

The Carly/Nina talk was almost civil with good points

Jane Elliott, Genie Francis & Gregory Harrison were the standouts today