GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Laura's gotta go -- that's ridiculous -- but I won't pretend I like Laura right now.

Her character is really on my nerves, and I can't remember ever caring less about Laura. Yes, she's an empath, and that's a beautiful thing -- until it's applied to criminals and killers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yea. that's the issue.  What bothered me the most was her incessant defense (or even propping) of Esme.   It made Laura look stupid and inconsiderate (and Laura should be neither.) 

I'm a fan of some characters and pairings (but not a stan of anyone).

I am a Trina fan *and* a Laura fan (I can be both)
and I was *very* irritated with Laura's support of Esme. 
It felt very disrespectful of Spencer and of Trina.

That bothered me even more that her concern for Cyrus or Heather.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The writers did a terrible job justifying it, but knowing her history I did believe her supporting Esme as far as Ace goes. Not just the Cassadine trying to steal my kid part though. Laura was incredibly troubled as a young woman. She killed two people (Hamilton and whatever the hell woman that Rick Webber story involved), she had serious abandonment issues, she fell in love with her rapist, her issues being raised an Vinning and being Lesley’s daughter, etc. That’s all before she is kidnapped and forced to marry Stavros and have his baby.

She did make Esme turn herself in when she thought her memories were returning. If she had shunned Trina while befriending Esme I get the animosity. But she supported their relationship. If anything, Trina agreed with Laura that Spencer should not be trying to take Ace away.

• Members

Molly and TJ should be ashamed of themselves. And the way that their scenes were written today seemed a lot like a choice, to me. 

As for Trina, there’s already a man on the canvas for her. Too bad that GH isn’t gonna go there though. 

• Members

Sonny did what now? Well, I'm here for the shade...that's for sure.

I also see that people online are bringing up times Kristina have brought up Sonny's lifestyle so at least I don't feel odd when she plays different when it comes to that. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I couldn't stand Laura supporting Esme, because it was clearly the writers/EP in love with Avery Pohl and desperate to redeem the character. It went on too long. AP is very talented but there was no need for a year-long amnesia tour trying to soften the character with the audience, and yes, it did devalue Trina. I got the distinct sense that if that HW team and Frank could've pulled off pairing Spencer with Amnesia Esme, they would've. I was waiting for those two to sleep together. They clearly teased that romance option and in doing so played into the hands of the racist portion of the audience.

Heather is a more complex case for me - there is history there, it's not about sidelining the interracial pairing and AM is talented as well. It's also a unique story turn I didn't expect. And I feel Laura has been there for Trina. So I'm open to it.

I got all that, yeah. I saw the motive. But it still went on far too long and she was far too committed to her. It was the show trying to use Laura (and others) to put Esme over as redeemed, IMO.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’m a few episodes behind but I’m just amazed still that this show has so many sets, that Sonny even has a freaking bathroom.

Also I find it amusing that both of Steve Burton’s characters airing on Days and GH despite having jobs and money, live above a pub/diner in a single room

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Recast Cameron. Have him & Trina re-kindle their friendship. Friendship blossoms to Romance. Thousands of miles away a patient wakes up after a long coma. Its Spencer (Recast). He makes it home to port Charles. Trina is torn. Cameron-Trina-Spencer

When GH is ready to recast Spencer & Cameron get  newcomers just like NAC and CL were. Do not go with an established actor. The recast will be easier to accept this way.

Also I would beef up the Q's by adding some Wards. I would also recast Dr Tommy Hardy and bring back to PC. I recommend Alimi Ballard for that role.

• Members

It’s a wait and see thing for me - because Trina has rarely been featured prominently by this regime so far. I have no indication that they’re really invested in her until I see for myself. I also don’t know if they have big plans for her once their new stories start launching. 

That early 20’s/college set needs some energy invested into it. It would be nice if Trina and Joss had other people their age to interact and build relationships with. Surprisingly, on a show with such a bloated cast, they don’t really.

• Members

Pregnant woman are allowed to keep living their lives. This conversation is ridiculous and old fashioned. The Sonny danger is fine, that’s a real concern for them. Did I miss Kristina being told her pregnancy was high risk? If not she can dance the night away!

• Members

Kristina may be frustratingly blinkered and selectively amnesiac about her father in many ways, but that's in character IMO. She was Daddy's flaky little girl under Lexi's tenure for many years. What matters to me is how much KM is carrying most of her end of that age set. I was impressed they let her mention Ava and Connie - in the same office where Ava murdered the woman.