GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm not entirely convinced. For all I know he could be pretending to want to help Nina mend fences with her daughter while plotting to sabotage any effort to reconcile as part of a twisted revenge scheme for being sent to prison for the SEC thing. I won't be surprised if he continues to tell her how awful and horrible she is in bed after their next roll in the hay and he also proceeds to criticize her skills as an employee. But that's just me. 

Also I really don't want Willow and Nina to ever reconcile as mother and daughter since that ship has long sailed at this point. I need Willow to hate and despise her mother forever. Not all mother-daughter pairs on soaps need to like each other, you know. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl92

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t think Drew is that smart or that these writers are interested in any revenge scheme. For all intents and purposes, Drew already got his revenge when he fired Nina from Crimson. But he, of course, changed his mind about that. Drew and Nina seem more poised for a kooky romantic entanglement, at least from what’s being written right now. 

• Members

Drew and Nina are clearly headed for some sort of romance.  They have decent chemistry, both are single, and it's something different and interesting for both characters.

Also, why didn't anyone on this thread tell me it was a Violet episode today?

Please register in order to view this content

Of course she would get his breathing mask and listen to 3 songs and not call 911 or her father.

• Members

Not Joss confiding in Sonny's hitman of nearly 30 years about how Dex "is not the kind of guy that would kill for money", lol.

There are other shows on TV that have criminal protagonists yet do not prop them up or excuse their behavior this much.

• Members

Yeah, some lame revenge plot that was. Nina only lost her job for like what, a couple of weeks at most and then she came right back like it never even happened. Personally, I think it would be a lot more interesting if Drew actually develops feelings for Willow while he is having a fling with Nina and then he decides that he likes Willow better because he sees her as a much sexier and more attractive and younger version of her mom and Nina goes ballistic as she eventually develops a dangerous and twisted obsession with Drew that eventually ends in a major showdown with Nina and Willow over Drew that eventually results in Nina dying altogether. 

I need this so-called romance between Drew and Nina to be the catalyst that results in Nina leaving the show for good somehow; I don't care how. 

• Members

4-19

Woooow. I guess I stand corrected.

I've been saying that since the PM and EK came on, it does feel clear they are heading in a certain direction. Probably even going by 'the Rules.' And probably have something in mind as the audience have been watching. That said...outside of Jason's return and the drama with Sonny and the meds...there's no big story. A lot of good ones. Only building. 

But as I played catch-up with last week and reading here and there on the thread, it occurred to me that a picture had started to form from the puzzle pieces of the writing. Thus, the wow. 

There was Anna putting Sonny on notice. There was Laura putting Sonny on notice. The Pikeman head reveal as well as the Sonny's med reveal. There's Dex trying to join the police where Anna is head. There's BLQ planning her wedding and her mother's close friendship with Sonny. There's Ava's getting a clue about the meds. It also seem unimportant but interesting. And then Anna and Laura had their talk about taking a hard line with Sonny and Laura referencing Sonny beating Cyrus and...

OH. Yeah, Cyrus chose not to charge Sonny. At the time. But look at Laura being crafty and getting Cyrus to change his mind. And look at the writers coming back around to the plot thread of Dex confessing about almost killing Cyrus to Anna. And Laura and Anna comparing notes now that they are anti-Sonny. Once Anna brought Molly to her office to be the person who spearheads it over Robert, knowing that Sonny would not dare to anything to his daughter's sister...or one of his babymamas...and I have to admit I was in awe. Where the writers really doing it? Were they about to have Sonny have a BIGGER fall than just a 'Sonny off his meds' story?

And what perfect time for a climax than a WEDDING? A wedding that Lois just spent a whole episode convincing Sonny to go to. Meanwhile, Ava just found out Sonny's med have been messed with, too??? Oh my Goodness!!! I just thought the only drama at Chase/BLQ's wedding might just be Gregory dying...but the Fall of Corinthos potentially?? I would say watching all those pieces coming together last week...if it happens there...I would say well played. Because Laura and Anna have been quite stealth about it and getting their pieces in line with Cyrus, Dex, Molly, proving to me that the writers are not going to dumb them down to make Sonny seem to Hero...GOOD. 

On a whole other note...LOVE Nina getting her lickback on Drew. The scene where she revealed that she sold the Metro Court back to Jason who we all know he would give to Carly, knowing Jason is Drew's weak spot...was delicious.  It was written all over CM's face...always second best to Jason. Moreso because Jason could do what he could not...convince Carly to take it. Ooooo burn! Drew had that coming, though. But their chemistry was good. I was cheering Nina on. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ace is on! No episode with Ace on it is ever bad. 

Having Molly on two episodes in a row is a blessing.

Four episodes of Kristina in a row is even better.

Edited by Aragorn