GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Fortunately, this is a posture that is totally acceptable for soap fans. 

Nina is totally lock, stock & barrel the product of major inheritance. Her inheritance was so massive that her pitiful excuse for a mother nearly killed her trying to get it for herself. 

And, I offer here to agree to disagree.

One thing that Carly did was to make it possible for Sonny to seem to be this remarkable family man. But it's Carly who is really good with kids and also with other people. 

I believe that aspect of Sonny is something PM/EK is going to take away. Sonny can be the mobster but he's losing that heart of gold crap & also isn't going to be wandering around town giving sage advice!! (Hated that!)

The only other thing I want to say is thank Soap Jesus that Jane Elliot found she needed insurance. Apparently that's why she came out of retirement, as others have done before her. Now I think she is staying because she's having fun playing this Tracy but something had to get her there!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel that's what is going to happen as well to Val.

And Charlotte...who was already getting a teen love interest...can go and stay with her mama Lulu.

When is she coming out of the coma again?

Same.

• Members

Honestly if Valentin never appeared again I wouldn't even notice lol.  I completely forget about him and then he shows up and I wonder why he still is on this show.

I am not complaining but it is a bit weird they built so much up with Charlotte and she just......disappeared.  

Hopefully Lulu comes out of that coma soon.

• Members

Yeah, with it seeming like he and Anna are never ever getting back together hehe (c) Tay Swift, and nothing Cassandine really on the horizon or needed and sitting here catching up as I work out, a case could be made for he's being written out as I type. But I honestly feel like a lot of the cast are dead man/woman walking right now and what we are watching on screen is PM/EK setting up for their exits and making them count rather than just coming in and people being written out abruptly. I can respect that. Honestly...who would miss him besides Alexis, Nina, and Laura? That's how not connected to the canvas Val kinda is.

And of course, that does leave an opening in for PM/EK to bring back someone who would be connected to the canvas...Laura's daughter (and dare I hope her son as well). She has a son, a daughter who was just getting story before the writing change, and an ex that still loves her and has a more organic relationship with a new woman who has connections to the canvas. I mean...it writes itself.

Lulu...just needs to...wake up.

• Members

I was surprised to hear Finola (Nominee Zoom last week) say that she & JPS hope that Vanna will be back together soon. The last I recall it was said that Charlotte was off somewhere in a private hospital recuperating. I have trouble picturing Anna forgiving him. 

Tomorrow is Episode 30 for PM/EK & also the first day of Sweeps. I always like it when I feel GH wins Sweeps. I detested that May when the 2 big events were protecting Marshall's clarinet in a rumble in an alley & Brando & Sonny changing the spark plugs on a classic car! I figure the judging of the "New Writing" will automatically become more important. By the fans, yes, but also by their bosses. It's also Taggert MIA Day 202 but clearly only a handful of fans care. I realized I forgot one rumor I've heard & it is the only one that is likely to be true. 

Spoiler

Supposedly Dan O'Connor is suing the show.

• Members

I am not really surprised.  Finola probably just likes working with JPS.  From what I have seen they have always been quite complimentary of one another.  I don't take that as a sign the show will pair them again.

I recall hearing Charlotte was getting help, but I find it weird she just entirely disappeared for most of the fallout.  Again, I am not complaining nor do I need Charlotte period, but the show did seem to be setting her and Jake up as a couple and the Victor "brainwashing"/tarot cards/letters stuff seemed to all be quickly dropped.   

We also never see Georgie and I thought she was being set up for the teen scene as well.  All those boys need at least one girl to go after.  Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Emma was brought back.

• Members

Me, too. 

Agree. Charlotte vanishing was odd but I suppose it falls under the "New Writers" heading. Girls are currently badly underrepresented & I would love having Emma back! I don't have a feeling about Georgie. My main memory of her was them moving heaven & earth & getting planes or boats to get her to be with Spinelli on a holiday. Incredible waste of a script. Enjoyed seeing Ellie. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

IIRC once the strike material ended or close to it they had Jake drop in a line about him and Charlotte no longer being a thing. Thank God.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, considering them becoming a thing mostly happened off screen, it's not much of a loss for anyone.    I always think Charlotte/Jake are related because of Lucky/Lulu, but I obviously know Jason is his dad.  I just imagined they spent a lot of family holidays together so it's a little creepy.

• Members

If Drew and Nina are really going to become a thing, which seems very likely at this point, then Drew's attitude really needs to change at some point because otherwise I'm not going to buy whatever "romance" these writers are trying to peddle between these two. Drew needs to have a legitimate reason to even like Nina as a person, let alone love her, because all I'm getting from him right now is nothing but utter contempt and disgust. 

• Members

Oh, right.  I saw some of those clips from the strike (I think?).  So it's even more bizarre that Ned disappeared for eons and his first scenes back were at his future son-in-law's bachelor party, as opposed to with his daughter, the bride-to-be.