GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In case you missed it, Laura and Ava mentioned Nikolas. Ava refused to take his calls from Pentonville. Laura said that Nikolas is being transferred to another prison in a different state. He will be harder to visit that way. The new writers are not going to bring Nikolas back on the show.

• Members

I think one of the problems with the framing for Trina is she has limited POV and screentime so those nuances are lost in the writing. Any fan of a character can be entitled, but I am not surprised that her fans seem to think she is being minimized or put into "safe" roles, especially as that was likely the only plan for the character before the pairing with Spencer took off.

• Members

I think that was still what Frank tried for after she got paired with Spencer, lol. He was only somewhat successful.

Regardless, Trina's love interest just got written off dramatically and the show is undergoing a writing change. The character is going to be recalibrated and yes, sometimes on less whenever something like that happens. I'm not going to assume the worst just yet. Especially since elements of the fanbase are wildly unrealistic if they expect a) Spencer to be recast immediately or b) Chavez to return ASAP and play out a reunion. Neither is likely to happen any time soon. it also remains to be seen if 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Gio Cerullo is 18 & definitely not for Trina.

One thing Dan & Chris tended to isolate Trina to a very specific zone. She could have scenes with Joss, with Spencer & with Ava & be at the gallery & with her family. But that was all. Having her go to Brook Lynn's bach/bridal shower is something new which may signal that PM/EK are going to be broadening her horizons & as a character that should be excellent for her. But, don't mind me. I'm TrinaFF. I want her to have friends, associates, her own story perhaps & a new boyfriend later on this year. I hope what John posted above will come to be. 

I'm somewhat concerned because a portion - not all - of SprinaNation is currently campaigning that Sprina MUST continue & there HAS TO BE either NAC or a recast Spencer immediately. Shades of the strident Danny & Michelle fanbase at GL which indirectly caused the show to write Danny, Michelle & their son Robby off the show! 

Laura, specifically is a bone of contention for some SprinaNation fans. Laura knew Trina & knew how important she was to Spencer. (Many of Spencer's friends & family did not know Trina.) And she never expressed condolences to Sprina. Those fans were shocked that Laura didn't go over to Trina at the funeral. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think that position is valid. It's more the show's history (or any soap's history) of heavy airtime after one half of a popular pairing goes compared to Trina's airtime, and also the tone of the writing that I can understand getting a negative response. I also think the decision to repeatedly have her show up to apologize or to sit for Ace while Laura spends a lot of time doing prop duty for lunatic characters we are meant to feel sorry for (Cyrus, Heather) hurts the setup that should have been there with the characters.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't blame them unless it gets into the area of "GH MUST reunite Spencer and Trina ASAP with NAC in the role!" That's not likely to happen right now. And they can miss me with jailing Laura, or whatever.

• Members

I can see that, but that also depends on the actor and isn't always the case when one half of a pairing goes (especially with the FV guarantee merry go round). And I do think Laura and Trina got a pretty fair amount of time together right after Spencer hit the drink (and again today, apparently). But I'm less hard on the Cyrus or Heather stuff because I think these scenes Laura has had with her relations have been surprisingly very good since the writing change - especially Cyrus dropping the man of God nonsense. I'm not going to begrudge what I think is good material.

There's a bunch of people who apparently think Laura's gotta go for being there for Heather. I don't!

• Members

I agree with Vee and Ive seen that talk all over TwiX

Also it seems like some are coming in to Trina episodes automatically looking for Racism

Like today she visits Ace. Tells Laura I wouldnt mind visiting Ace more and takes him to the park

So now Trina wants to be that Baby's Nanny. Portia must stop this. Where today did Trina ask to be Ace's nanny?

Also Trina was playing the WHAT If game today when talking with Laura. She knows she didnt make Spencer chose. Everyone plays the WHAT IF game to a degree after someone we love dies.