GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Kristina has always pushed Sonny away in some ways, but I always felt it was a front and she only wanted his love and approval.  This behavior isn't new.  I agree it's in character.   

To be honest, I always thought it was a weird flip flop to make Kristina the flaky one when in a lot of ways she was so studious and dedicated to being a lawyer early in Lexi's run.

Molly was actually the flaky girl with her weird romance novels she wrote and her entirely fantasized version of love.  I always questioned why Molly was so pragmatic and didn't want marriage and only a domestic partnership with TJ.  But HP's Molly and LA's Kristina didn't get much of a solid POV for years so whatever.  OldLadyMolly probably explained it when she was talking to her stuffed horse for 4 days earlier in the year lol.

I just don't get Molly/TJ's concern.  Even if the Sonny danger stuff is accurate, it's not brand new information.  And it's not like Molly isn't blood related to Sonny herself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't even remember her being into that lol. I've always seen Kristina as the spoiled little flake/wild child and Molly as the studious one really, particularly with HP. Her love for novels and literature just fed back to that, IMO. I appreciated them discussing her literary romanticization of Jason and Sam at length a few weeks ago - it's been forever since anyone brought that stuff up. Little Molly was basically Mini-Spinelli as a girl in her first couple years.

The whole thing with T.J. and Molly's 'partnership' and largely offscreen relationship is so bizarre. Didn't she randomly cheat on him with Brando? What happened there?

Edited by Vee

• Members

I remember Kristina really obsessed with going to Yale.  Isn't that where she went?  But Sonny like bought off the admissions or something and sexyKristina came back after she dropped out to make her Mob Daughter reality show.  I assumed she'd figure her life out at some point and actually become a lawyer.   Yeah, LA's Kristina was flakey with all the Ethan crap, but I always contrasted her with Michael and she seemed like the "good" girl compared to Michael.  I also thought the show might have been long hauling it with Ethan/Kristina like they did with Robin/Jason and were just waiting till Lexi looked more adult.  

I did think Molly was a mini Spinelli, but in the quirky way.  Not exactly in the brains department.  That was just my take.  Honestly, young Haley Pullos/Molly was pretty obnoxious so I could have missed intelligence cues.

Yes, Molly cheated on TJ while he was kidnapped! because she thought he left her.  She had sex with Brando, who only looked about 2 decades older than her, and it was creepy.  But TJ forgave her.  Probably off screen.

• Members

I thought Molly was always the brain. I do think they were trying to wait on Ethan and Kristina, as they also did with Nik and Emily IMO (except Amber left and they got to recast). I just never took her as the good girl, YMMV. Now what does she have? That bar of Julian's, lol. Hopefully she can find a real career.

• Members

I’m more convinced than ever after today that Ava is going to cause some harm to Kristina, causing her to miscarry. Kristina is now on a mission to figure out what Ava’s up to. When Nina told her to “be careful”, it felt like some type of foreshadowing. 

• Members

A lot of people speculated Joss would accidentally cause Kristina to miscarry in a fight (which I wouldn't mind) but I agree, Ava is gonna figure in somehow. Either way that baby is (hopefully!) dogmeat.

• Members

I swear there was a lot of talk about Kristina's AP studies and her desire to get good grades early on.  I think Kristina is supposed to be smart.  Managing Julian's bar was not where I thought she would be 15 years after she was aged.  It's more of she's wasting her brains and ability.

I think I may misjudge young Molly because she was "precocious" and annoying.  

I think YMMV is the best way to describe it because I don't think either view is wrong.

It's also probably not terribly relevant now because the show is painting it as Molly is the smart one and Kristina is the f*ck up.

• Members
Posted (edited)

SoapHub suggests a replacement for NAC and says AP could return. 

Nicholas Alexander Chavez Is Not Coming Back to GH (yahoo.com)

Spencer and Esme have graves in Port Charles but there’s always a chance that both characters could do the Lazarus bit and make their way back to the story canvas. Pohl could reprise Esme. Perhaps GH will hire a new Spencer — wouldn’t Rory Gibson (criminally under-used as Noah on The Young and the Restless) make a good one? Who do you think could play Spencer? Let us know in the comments below.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members
Posted (edited)

Really? I thought he was pretty good.

I am all for the angle of Kristina being *the one child in Sonny's corner but her cluelessness to his level of criminality does not work. Her character has been well aware of this for years not to mention the whole mob princess reality show storyline they tried to do back in the day.

*This is the exact same way Josslyn thinks of Dex and Jason. 

Why is everyone so outraged that Sonny beat Cyrus who did so many things the year before??? Just because Cyrus was weak and in jail does not lessen that.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes, but even then she was his little girl - trading on his infamy and his permissiveness re: the show for fun and monetary gain. She didn't actually care about his being a mobster at that time. Kristina has always been of two minds and somewhat hypocritical/deluded about Sonny IMO, as caroline and I were mentioning earlier.

Edited by Vee