GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sonny and Carly will end up back together after Ava and Valentin are exposed, watch. That’s always the default on this show. 

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nina and Carly become unlikely allies to at least take down and expose Ava. Nina already knows what Ava’s game is, it’s just getting the likes of Carly and Jason to believe her. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Changed my life on the PP soaps. Though they really probably shouldn't have sprung for the Rolling Stones in one of those last eps where Jack Manning banged his teacher when they knew they already couldn't pay 90% of the cast. 

Please register in order to view this content

I have my doubts. They were apart for a long time before the mid-2010s.

• Members

I like that idea.  I feel like this show tends to pit Carly against woman that she'd probably get along with if the weren't sleeping with Sonny/Jason.  I am not advocating Nina/Carly as bffs, but they have more in common than her and Olivia. 

• Members

That last reunion felt very much like they had run out of options to keep them apart so they might as well marry them again. It reeked of running out of ideas for them. So I agree, I don’t think Sonny/Carly are inevitable.

• Members

It has always felt like a low-energy effort in those many years of the show merely treading water and holding space with FV trying to keep FB fans happy. Then MB clearly asked to be paired with Watros and things changed.

• Members

See, I think the only reason Sonny/Carly were kept apart so long in the 2000's is because Jax was a much better, more viable option.  Unless the show goes full steam with Carly/Jason I don't see Carly or Sonny having much else to do with who's currently on screen.  

Even if Carly/Jagger works I just don't see AH's Jagger as someone who's on the show long-term.   I don't want Sonny/Carly to be endgame, but I have made my peace with it. 

I don't think anyone including LW and MB love the idea and there are a lot of variables here like LW or MB leaving, getting VM back, a new pairing that sparks more interest, etc.   I would love to be wrong about this though.

• Members

There's no endgame there as long as Vanessa Marcil is alive IMO, lol. When this show goes off the air or MB quits or retires it will be Sonny and Brenda, hopefully not just with her coming back at the end.

I do think multiple regimes have known for many years Maurice and Laura just don't have it, and FV parked them together to try to keep the show stable and thought the FB, etc. or casual audience's loyalty for them would carry the day through endless mind-numbing couplehood sagas. Then that ended for a variety of reasons, probably not by his choice. It's always been a stopgap with LW in the role. And now that they've broken apart again I think it's more likely to stay that way than it was for far too long. JMO.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Especially when we know that the chemistry is there between Cameron Mathison and Cynthia Watros.  It's messy af, but doggone it, it works, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This is them teasing Jordan with Drew, I think, because they already were Chem Tested & passed with pretty glorious marks. Like an 8.9 from the East Berlin judge! See below on 4-5. 

I also agree that we won't return to CarSon, at least not any time soon. I'm not saying never. Just now. 

Please register in order to view this content