GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Perhaps they will explore the medications that Heather has been given for her hip pain as the issue?

We know that her facility was not ethical when it came to treatment.  So, it may be interesting to see if the side effects of her prescriptions had an effect on her judgement. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Too soon to make any kind of conclusions but I’m still optimistic about what this new regime can bring to the table. 

But I do have to admit that if Heather’s scenes today are any indication of a redemption/reformation arc, then that’s pretty stupid.

And what a surprise, the whore used the only talents she has to get Dex to stay in town. Hopefully, the new regime finally makes her pay for being such a horrible person. #Trex #Nex #Anyone

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks, @Liberty City!

So, I watched today.

For sure, this "poisoned hip" business w/ Heather feels like Korte/Mulcahey justifying at least some of her craziest actions.  Of course, it can't justify everything she's ever done - I'm still waiting for Heather's "origins story" that does, GH! - but as long as she doesn't morph into GH's answer to Myrtle Fargate, I'm okay with it.

As a matter of fact, parts of today's episode felt like course correction time to me.  You had Heather and her evil hip, you had Diane offering Alexis a way out of the (dying) newspaper business and back into the law game, you had Marshall, Curtis and Stella learning that he'd been misdiagnosed on account of being Black?  Even Finn's phone call to whomever to look into Gregory's ALS and pull a metaphorical rabbit out of their hat feels like we're about to take a turn there (although, God knows where).  And that little bombshell that Nina's about to drop on Joss?  That definitely feels someone pulling the old plug on Joss and Dex's relationship ASAP.

It's only Day 1, so I didn't expect any miracles.  After all, there's a ton of stuff left behind by Chris and Dan that Korte and Mulcahey have to work through, and that's gonna take awhile.  Already, though, I do feel like the pacing of scenes is catching up to the editing - we're not just taking a long, five-to-six-minute scene, breaking it up into 30-second bits to be sprinkled throughout the episode and then calling it a day - and that the dialogue isn't there just to recap stuff but to glean a little insight into motivations as well.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

Pre-2004 Heather was neurotic, scheming, self destructive, jealous, somewhat dangerous but she was not a psychopathic lunatic.  I am fine with Mulcahey & Korte correcting the mess previous writers going all the way back to Guza and Pratt made of the character. However, it would not my first choice of things they need to fix and as much as Alley Mills is killing it I wish Robin Mattson was who we were seeing on our screens. If Mattson was back I would be happy to have Heather on full time but for me Mills is only needed for story arcs.

I always give new headwriters 6 months to turn a show around. They need to wrap up stories, are dealing with contracts, etc. I am hopeful I will start to see a show I recognize and enjoy even if I do not love every story and character.  My biggest hope is the hospital becomes the centre of the show again.  Bring on the offspring of legacy characters and have them work there - Rick Webber, Jr, Thomas Hardy, Jr, Maya Ward and Lucas Jones to begin with.

I would also love to see Serena Baldwin, Dillon Quatermaine, Lucky Spencer, Lulu Spencer and eventually a group of interns that includes Jossyln Jacks, Cameron Webber and Emma Scorpio-Drake.

Give Jane Eliot whatever she wants to stick around and keep using what remains of the vets from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Edited by Efulton

• Members

Welcome to Elizabeth and Patrick! Hope that Frank stays out of the writing and lets the writers write. So far so good. I didn't care for Nathan Varni when he was overseeing GH for ABC a few years back due to his inexperience. I hope Nathan is more seasoned now and will keep Frank in line and not allow him to cast people in parking lots. And let the writers write!!!! That can't be said enough.

• Administrator

I was watching Grey's Anatomy earlier this week and there was a patient who occasionally had freakouts and temporary memory loss due to cobalt poisoning from fragments of bullets from a shooting that happened a long time ago.  What a coincidence I'm now seeing this cobalt poisoning again.  I've always liked Ally Mills as Heather and hope Korte/Mulcahey won't write her off. 

Portia was in 4 of the first 5 scenes today.  I thought that was an interesting way to say "hey, new writers at work!"  LOL

I also noticed ever since Jason came back, there's been new background music.