GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad Kevin is there to explain racism to the black people. I'm sorry but the fact that the black characters didn't consider this or voice it is actually insane. Especially with two older black people in the family.

Nina says Sonny's name once per episode but hasn't mentioned Willow in weeks. She don't care about that girl, she was just mad that Carly kept something from her. Willow doesn't care about her either.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please, it is a job requirement for the Police Commissioner of Port Charles to have committed treason at least once.  Mac blew up a ship, Sean and Anna were counteragents, even Burt was sketchy.  The police are shadier than the mobsters in that town.

I'm happy Carly is going back to the diner.  Although it is a little odd that she manages a diner, but lives in a mansion (I know why within story, I'm just talking about the appearances).

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would argue she already does that, though - again, Mayor Laura is inserted into virtually any ongoing situation or storyline by virtue of her job which makes her central to the town. It's been like this for several years running.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I like Laura as the mayor too.  Now if we are nitpicking, I would argue she ditches Kevin because I don't really love that pairing.  It's fine, but so boring.

Nina should have been gone years ago.  I get wanting to keep CW because she brings 10X the energy of most of the male cast, but the character is crap.  Sure, MB and CW have some chemistry, but like @Vee said does it really matter when you know Vanessa Marcil is out there unemployed?  That's an easy slam dunk, so let's not try to shape Nina into a viable character.

I would ditch Willow and Michael at this point.  Give them a rest, a long stay in Paris, whatever.  The thing about getting rid of Willow alone is that Michael will then be set free onto the female population of PC again.  We don't want that.  If CD has proved anything over the years, it's that he cannot sell a viable romantic pairing.  When I am longing for the days of HookerAbby/Michael you know it's bad.

• Members
Posted (edited)

See, we need to go with cult member kidnapping Willow. Michael gives Amelia & Wiley to someone to care for them & heads out to find & save Willow, which he won't be able to do so they're gone indefinitely! Meanwhile back at the ranch Nina goes completely wiggy & begins murdering at least one person per day. 

Kevin! Kevin has a delayed reaction to Esme knocking the [!@#$%^&*] out of him & develops a brain tumor which causes him to think he is Ryan. Now that story tells itself. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

They should've mined both the characters' dark psychological history years ago - beyond just Ryan and Laura's instant brothers. Kevin's family history is a veritable haunted house. I get that Genie is happy with him and they have some fans but it is boring. I'll never not want Kevin and Lucy reunited, and never not want a new man on par with Luke's heroic stature for Laura.

And yes, Michael and Willow should be long gone.

• Members

I know Kevin/Laura is a nice, steady pairing and there is a place for that.  Just not for these two characters.  I also wish Lucy/Kevin would reunite so maybe that colors my perspective of Laura and Kevin.  I just don't know who you would put Laura with at this point.  Scott?  Kin Shriner tends to exhaust me these days.  And no one tell me Curtis even as a joke lol.

• Members

It’s a situation where everything about the character that’s interesting is purely because of the actress alone. There is no other justification for her on this show. 

My feeling is Valentini wants Carly/Nina to be his GH version of Nora/Lindsay, if he intends to keep Nina on for a long time.