GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

What indication is there that they're saying Heather sold Steven Lars because of a hip replacement she almost certainly had afterwards? This whole development is likely only being done to mitigate Heather's more recent history of serial murder.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep the first time she killed on screen was 2004

So I could see them saying the hip replacement was like 20-25 years back

Also I knew a few long term fans like me have stated on soap blogs ever since her 2004 return when did Heather become a killer?

• Members

Heather was prepared to murder Diana Taylor 40 years ago. I don't think she's going to reform that much, or at least I wouldn't buy it. She's always been nuts. Can I allow for her turning really psychotic in more recent times, sure. It's not like they didn't turn her into a cartoon starting when she first came back in '04.

• Members

At this point, the use of Heather Webber is over and done. Bringing her back in (albeit recast) for the Esme reveal was okay and better than some random newbie, but I'm done with the role. Let her have one final BLT and call it a day.

• Members

I definitely don't need more Heather in my life, but I can respect PM wanting to keep using a talented actor he worked well with at B&B. If he can find a more subdued use for her I am open to it. If he can't, oh well.

• Members

I just fail to see when Heather became so erratic. Even during Robin Mattson's previous tenures Heather appeared level-headed, but it seems like they wanted her over-the-top and unmanageable, and it's very.... off-putting. Unless that's simply how Alley Mills interpreted the material she was given, so they're rolling with this punch.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Pratt/Guza made her a cartoon Villian killer in 2004. She killed Ross Duncan  framed Skye and kidnapped Laura

All because of some 1980's ONS she  had with Luke  ( which never aired in the 80's)

RC continued this

Maybe PM & EK finally wanna answer how and why she may have began killing

Edited by John

• Members

RM played Heather as much more wisely calculating.  Idk what Alley Mills is doing, but they seem to want Heather more unhinged or OTT?  Maybe GH thinks that's easier to digest as a viewer.  Heather=crazy is just easier to explain.  And I do think AM is a good actress, but I am not sure she's good as Heather.   Also, Alley Mills is in her 70's.  She should be Esme's grandma not mother.  None of it makes sense lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think AM started out very strong but has regressed to yowling every day and I find it unbearable. I hope it changes.

I do think Robin was pretty clearly just coasting for most of 2012-on tbh. She wasn't doing her finest work, she was just coming to work and having a laugh. But the scripts also generally sucked and Heather's antics were equally OTT even though her volume decibels were lower. Remember when she spent half a year faking Franco's sandwich paintings of the BLTs from Kelly's?

Edited by Vee