GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

When you say that it absolutely rings a bell.  I'll be honest, I haven't really kept track of Alexis since 2003 and I don't even dislike her lol.   I just think that was the last time she was relevant besides birthing Molly, but I'd argue that wasn't even that relevant.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alexis has not had a relevant story IMO since well before Julian died, which was her last shot at real relevance after many years on the backburner or with C-tier stuff. (I didn't like the pairing with Julian either, and you could tell exactly the moment when NLG soured on it too lol) If they can make her interesting again, go for it.

• Members

I entirely forgot about the Julian pairing lol.  I remember thinking it was okay and that it got really toxic and ugly.  

I would dump Diane immediately if Alexis got her law license back, but that's just me.

• Members

I'd give Diane three extra months to [now] finally realizing she can get Alexis' license back... but, after that, she and Robert can go away permanently.

Oh it got REAL toxic when he did what he did to her. The allure went away.

• Members

Frank (allegedly) tried for years to fire WDV but couldn't supposedly because the fanbase caught the network or Nathan Varni's notice, I've no idea which. The story where Julian goes nuts and tries to kill Alexis with the dagger that killed her mother was supposed to be his exit, I believe. Then he somehow hung around for another 3-4 years as they tried to put him with Tamara Braun and turn him into Gentle Brewpub Julian. You could tell that after that dagger shít NLG was pretty much over it and kept her comments about their possible 'reunion' real muted from then on lol.

• Members

When The Hook attacks started I thought that it was Esme, but then she showed up pregnant and with the story of the friendly fisherman taking her to Canada. Then I thought of the ADA. When Heather appeared they started dropping hints right away that she was The Hook. 

• Members

Nope.  Diane's 10 years past her expiration date in a variety of ways.  Can't stand her.

But didn't WDV and Julexis have a pretty strong or at least vocal following?  Like obsessive following?  I remember hearing so much about the pairing online and I always felt I was missing something. 

• Members

Yeah, that's what kept him alive. Against FV's exasperated objections lol. A small but vocal fanbase, and vocal was good enough in those lean years. Allegedly even RC had intended Julian to be ultimately short-term, but who knows.

• Members

CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Her and her tweed suits are expired; how she turned a two-day job into a stint this long is beyond me. She could go back to the capital and get caught this time.

Crying shame 'cause William deVry was solid in the role.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think William deVry is one weird dude onscreen and off and his desperate midlife crisis social media thirst trap antics endlessly amused me. It was also clear his strange Interviews and Twitter, etc. drove FV up the wall which was funny. That's as far as I go with that guy lol. Did I think metrosexual, constantly horny on main mobster Julian was amusing? Sure. Did I ever take him seriously as a major player or with Alexis, not really. I remember sort of blacking out during the scenes where he and Alexis roleplayed that he was the Metro Court room service man she was seducing. Valentin is the same sort of dude for me.

Edited by Vee