GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was real impressed with those scenes at the conclusion of Friday and throughout Monday's episodes, despite having zero use for Hat Daddy myself. And I found it an honest conversation between the Ashfords & Kevin, and it felt like Patrick Mulcahey all-over it, which is why I believe he was credited first in yesterday's episode over Elizabeth Korte (which is how it always should be, TBFH). I'm happy with the hospital-centric storylines, and they're happening in the hospital ⏤ which seems... populated for once? Plus, I also enjoyed Stella vs. Tracy in those very limited scenes, and after the previous scenes it just worked. There was a flow and some intention of the scenes. Brilliantly done.

I completely agree! I got that sense, and I am loving it. But, unlike Michelle Stafford, I think Cynthia Watros will be able to root Nina into some emotional reality.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know everyone wants Dex to get the axe, whether through hate or mostly indifference, but superficially I'll be sad not to see his pretty self. Turning casting conjecture into story speculation, if he does go, I had the thought that Joss might get pregnant with them recently sleeping together, but when she can't find him after he's left, and not wanting to be a single mother, she decides to have an abortion. Probably won't happen, but it's fun to care enough again.

• Members

I still don't exactly get what Nina's plan is.  Like Ava said, should she just harass Sonny while Dante's shot lol?  I want to see unhinged Nina harass Sonny while Dante is shot!  I get it's a plot point to bring Sonny/Ava together, but I don't see Nina's logic at all.  Maybe that is the point.

This might be unpopular, but I'd recast Cam.  I like WL and maybe he'll be able to commit to something in the summer and that's what the show is counting on.  If not, I would just find someone else.   It worked fine with Trina and it really does feel like Cam's missing especially with Spencer gone.

• Members

I know what you mean, although I bet you're right about recasting being unpopular, as ideas go. Last year when WL did not return in the summer, I was disappointed. A LOT. When we had that group of Cam, Joss, Trina, Spencer, it was such a good YA group. If they did that we'd be looking at almost 100% recasts! Because soon we're going to have a recast Spencer, already have a wonderfully recast Trina, etc. For the moment I'm personally in a mode of thinking "too many children". Sonny, Maxie, Liz, ... there just seem to be too many kids. I really love Leo & James & am adding a fondness for this new Danny. When WL returned for Spencer's Memorial service it was so danged good to see him. 

This is something I am seeing fans speculate about, Joss having an abortion. GH hasn't touched that in a while. Also there's a persistent idea among fans about making Sexy Dexy an EMT. That would be taking him from potential life-taker to life-giver which has a kind of nice reverse symmetry. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would like to see a recast Cam around the time that they recast Spencer. I stopped liking Josslyn and Spencer after Cam left, and I need Cam around in order to bear them.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members

I wouldn’t mind Heather being restored to a semblance of the character she was. It feels more like classic GH to me when we have a big bad for an umbrella storyline, and then a couple of smaller scale schemers that aren’t as evil per se. Characters like Tracy, Lucy, Scotty, Katherine, og Heather, even Nina.

• Members

It's thrilling to know Anna says 'I see Sonny Corinthos clearly now,' but showing up at Wagger's could potentially leave her the fool depending on how he is actually involved here. Though again, I don't think a black ops kill squad would meet at FBI HQ in Quantico which is explicitly where Wagger met Jason in the flashback.