GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, did Joss really think Sonny was above premeditated murder lol. Why is Cyrus still around? He should have had his single story then been taken out like Shiloh.

After all these years, it's still ridiculous how the gangsters (Sonny)  have been integrated as members of the comcommunity and are friends of the mayor and law enforcement.

Still baffling that Sonny and Ava on speaking terms when she is responsible for  Morgan's supposed death.

I might be in the minority on this one but the show (or at least Sonny's orbit stories) feel complete with Jason back. I did not find Sonny or Carly that interesting in the absence of Jason lately. I don't mind Jason being a part of the canvas, just he & Sonny don't need to eat the show like they did in the 2000s.

If it was clear that Burton might come back after the vaccine mandates, GH should have just written Jason as missing instead of repetitively killing him off again.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's my understanding.  Of course, I wasn't alive back then, so I can't say for certain.  But, from what I've read, David Hamilton supposedly lost his wife and child (son?) in a hurricane.  Yet, given how David himself turned out to be, I think there's a way you could say that David's wife was terrified of him and used that hurricane as an opportunity to get herself and their son away from him and assume new identities in another town.

Forgive me for asking, but why would Sonny order Dex to kill Cyrus?  Was it mob-related?

• Members

Well, Sonny nearly beat Cyrus to death, which is why he's in the hospital. And, he is pressing charges against Sonny for the assault, so naturally Sonny's first thought is to eliminate the only witness. (Do you get my sarcasm?) 

But, that really was his only reason for ordering the hit. 

About Joss, Joss was more naive & sheltered than many of us realized. Her thing of being anti-Sonny didn't really involve the mob but was just plain anti-Sonny. When her father Jax would go on & on about his daughter living in danger & under guard, she really didn't get it.

• Members

IIRC, Cyrus overheard Nina confess to turning in Drew and Carly to the Feds.  Cyrus then taunted Nina to confess to Sonny.  When Sonny heard of Cyrus's role in the confession, he beat him up, and was briefly detained by the police for assault.  However, when Cyrus recovered he told Sonny that he would refuse to testify who assaulted him, so the charges were dropped.  However, now Cyrus had an advantage over Sonny, which is why he assigned Dex to kill him (a bit extreme, but not out of character).

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ah, okay.  Thanks, @Vee.

The thing is, mobsters don't kill (or have someone killed) for personal reasons.  You can't just go to your local mafia boss and say, "My husband/wife's being a s**thead, I'll pay you X amount to have him taken care of;" or, "A bunch of thugs attacked me last night, I need your men to handle it for me."  When mobsters kill, it's almost always business.

So, IOW, unless Cyrus had declared a turf war with Sonny, Sonny was behaving less like a mafioso and more like a run-of-the-mill protagonist on an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."  Either way, Sonny was an idiot to use his mob muscle for something that had little to do with his organization.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yabbut Sonny was not in a business-as-usual mode at this time at all. If he had been he never would have beaten Cyrus nearly to death with his bare hands one freaking afternoon in the chapel. He was not behaving whatever is normal for Sonny. He actually hasn't returned to any kind of normalcy since he found out that people had "betrayed" him. 

• Members

Sorry if I'm repeating what others have said (was offline for 4 days and don't have time right now to catch up on all I've missed here), but it's ridiculous that Joss is this naive.

I'm not buying it unless she's as dumb as a box of rocks or she's been drugged. This is clearly a character reset, but it's really awkward in execution -- meaning it's bad. It's just not believable.

Joss has grown up around all these people. She wasn't away in some boarding school for 20 years. She KNOWS that Port Charles is Crime Central. And now she's shocked -- SHOCKED -- with this Dex news? She's appalled and destroyed?

GTFOH.

• Members

She apparently found retirement boring, and missed the camaraderie of the cast/crew. The GH cast seems to be pretty tight, especially the vets.

About Joss- I guess I don’t see her reaction as all that far fetched. When you consider her entire life she’s heard Sonny was in the mob, and Jason and Carly have glossed over the worst parts of that. They all know the danger, but I can easily see her idolizing her mother enough to believe Carly would not have been his defender this long if he was as bad as he is. The show and those three have painted him as the good guy for decades. These are people that thought The Quartermaines were terrible compared to Sonny.

In her mind she’s probably thinking sure, I’ve been shot at. But those people being killed was justified. All of them were justified because they were dangerous to Sonny’s extended family and were going after his territory. Asking Dex to eliminate someone she described as a helpless old man was too direct. Does she know about AJ? Or Alcazar? Both of those were cold blooded.

If this leads to Joss continuing to question her mother’s morals and decisions I might actually root for her, and that is something I have never said in my life when it comes to Joss.

• Members

Clearly. You're right. How is there any coming back from that? Why didn't they just let this loser go when he just recently left town (for 5 minutes)? Will Anna immediately go confront Sonny?

I said before, I will scream if they make him the son of "someone" (cough, Jason). I know it's just an internet rumor, but seriously, who else could garner a reprieve for this horrid Dex to stay?

And no, I don't want him to stay. What I want is for him to shut his stupid mouth instead of leaving it hanging open when he's not delivering lines. God, he is irritating. Please tell me he IS leaving.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Whomever the mastermind is right now in the mob story- Framing Sonny for killing Dex would be a fantastic way to keep the momentum going, and continue to pit characters against each other in organic ways. The guilt and torn loyalty of Michael and Carly, Joss being devastated, Anna being conflicted for not acting… this would be great drama.

Edited by titan1978