GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would imagine after Burton there will be a  stabilization period before we get any more major additions.

By the summer I think we will know what actors/characters are being invested in, and any big exits.

My hope will always be bringing in Laura’s family first- Lulu and or Lucky. Or Brenda.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oh absolutely. I would offer two years or nothing, unless it’s to whisk Sonny off the show. In truth, I would think she might enjoy the current shooting schedule- they have dark weeks every quarter, and even the stars that are used often have more time off because of how they shoot the scenes.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I don't believe they would be bringing back Vanessa Marcil unless Maurice has decided to retire, which I do not at all think is a thing. It's just that apparently that is how he sees EndGame for Sonny: off into the sunset HEA with Brenda. I kinda like that he thinks that way. 

• Members

3-20

Well, I think I'm starting to get the rhythm of the writers. It was funny thinking be careful what you wish for. We now have people actually talking again to each other. And their talking is revealing character and/or backstory. It does worry me what people who have gotten so used to action, action, silly moment, action might be feeling, but good for me.

I liked this week so far they touched on the 'Liz' of it all with Jason. Even if it's a little bit. But I've always said I was a Liason fan so

Please register in order to view this content

and yes, John was wrong for going to Danny, but it led to that great BLQ scene. And now he feels guilty? smh. I'm hoping it's a setup for Anna to get the goods on him. Given how close Anna and Sonny have gotten over the last years (and I was hoping before the writing change for a Anna/Valentin/Nina/Sonny thing), I just don't see her rolling over and disliking him now. Must be a trick.

Oh, lord, it's one of Bebe's Maxie's child!!! But it did lead to a good Tracy scene so I'll allow it. lol. 

Hahah. But...I admit I actually felt sad for Dex. Not so much the breakup with Joss though. I'm not her biggest hater, but I loved Nina wiping the smirk right off her face by throwing the almost murder of Cyrus by Dex in Joss's face.

Go, Alexis, go!!!! Get your license back!!!

I have mixed feelings about the Curtis's Dad reveal. On one hand, happy to see social stories again. And I'm curious to see if it's is done done now, or if it lead to another story. But those scenes felt...off. And I cannot put my finger on it. Glad to have them, but off. 

I am really surprised that the new writers have slowed down enough to let the Jason Returns story breath. I do hope we are heading to another Friday cliffhanger.

Same.

• Members

Seems to me they HAVE to bring Lulu back sooner rather than later. I'm really hoping for a recast. I've never cared for Emme Rylan (is that her name?). Couldn't stand her as Abby Newman. She was just awful. Then she shows up at Lulu Falconeri and I again couldn't stand her. I did enjoy that Julie person playing Lulu (that was when I first came back to GH after a looong hiatus). She was a badass Lulu.

• Members
Posted (edited)

For me, the problem with that story is the same problem I have with many stories right now on GH: it's involving characters I don't care about, played by actors who aren't very good (although, I will ALWAYS love Vernee Johnson).

Edited by Khan

• Members

They had already come to the foregone conclusion that Pork Pie was misdiagnosed for schizophrenia all those decades ago. That was enough. Should have been end of story (and it was!). Now with the new team, why did they open that back up? Who cares? Now they've searched out the doctor and found out he was dead? Big freaking deal.

They had this s/l all wrapped up until they decided to go there again and make a new whole PSA about it. I find this network is such a panderer. So disingenuous.

• Members

My problem with it is the unreality of it all. There would be no way that you could find medical records that old & gain from them a doctor's name, track him down, learn he was deceased but find someone who knew of him & what he was known for. I cannot suspend my disbelief far enough to cover how impossible that would be. One of the things I said I wanted from new writers was more hospital stories. One point for it being one. Minus 50 points for lack of believability. 

• Members

I appreciate Willow’s reaction and her conversation with Michael. It’s nice to have characters react to the Jason/Sonny disruption to their lives and acknowledge potential consequences for helping.

Not to mention even something as seemingly little as those meds is being used. They are covering beats that would be glossed over and it reminds me so much of classic soap storytelling. Things aren’t as tight as they could be, but it’s early days. And we know there was at least some scramble to get the Jason story going, so they were under the gun.

I didn’t even fast forward the Drew/Nina scenes. I wouldn’t miss them if they left the show, but I at least was interested enough to watch them. Watros is killing it as snarky Nina with some edge though.