GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Someone very reliable told me. You wouldn't know them by their name. And, this was recent. I suppose theoretically that maybe might be, what if, etc. Patrick might have something else in mind, but if I were you, I would not get my hopes up. I am sorry to bring you such bad news. As I said, I was surprised. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmmm perhaps.

I mean if I think about it...I guess my interest in those scenes character-wise would be Stella > Curtis > Marshall. And that's probably on the strength of Vernee Johnson. Which means that I finally grown used to having Stella around. 

Curtis used to be written well for me, but I think outside of things with Ms. Wu, I've gotten over him since the Febuary Sweeps Portia wedding where Taggert was thrown under the bus. 

So perhaps it's just a disconnect for me I didn't realize I had. 

• Members

I think a lot of the characters have suffered from weak, dead-end, incoherent, and often convoluted characterizations under Chris and Dan (and yes, the preceding regimes) that there’s a lot of rebuilding that needs to happen quickly (trying to untangle folks like Ava, Nina, Heather, et al, all disastrous characters—and they happen to be played by some of the best actors the genre has ever seen). And while some of the dialogue is richer, the still-apparent, slapdash FV pacing undermines a lot of it for me.

And, frankly, like others have said, a lot of the actors aren’t cutting it. I cringe watching Evan Hofer try to emote. Donnell Turner is out to lunch, and we can’t even thirst over him. This show needs to clean house.

• Members
Posted (edited)

There's a huge problem with the younger actors on this show - the actors playing Danny, Jake, and Aiden can't carry large story, and barely look like they can remember their lines. They've been awful IMO over the last two weeks. Eden McCoy is never going to mature into a great actress, and Tabyana Ali is also very green. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've said it before, but Valentini produces this show in a very sterile manner that totally neuters any emotion or feeling. I don't care that he's supposedly a budget master keeping the show on the air - as a producer, his taste in actors suck, and his aesthetic/production taste makes the show lack any emotional resonance. 

In some ways, I feel for EK/PM - they've inherited crap from Chris and Dan, have to deal with a awful producer like Valentini, and likely will not have network support on their side for very long. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

While I agree with you that the actors playing Danny, Jake, and Aiden haven't been good these past 2 weeks, I blame it on giving them too much to do too quickly and too soon. I don't think they're bad casting.

Eden McCoy gets a lot of criticism around here, but I think a lot of that stems from the writing for Joss. She'll never mature into a "great actress"? Well, honestly, few do. She can definitely be a solid actress, which is good enough.

I do not agree that Tabyana Ali is "very green." Honestly, I don't even know what that mean when applied to her.

The scenes with Natalia talking to Sonny and Kristina didn't work for me, either. I fully agree it was way too soon for Natalia to open up like that with a stranger like Sonny. Just not believable at all and not even on the radar screen of being organic.

Look, I know we're all in this "Patrick Mulhaney is a HERO!" phase and expect him to work miracles. Maybe that will happen, but in the meantime, I'm sticking with my "clunky" description of a lot that's going on.

And no, I'm not signing on to the belief that none of this is on PM and that it's all Frank Valentini's fault.

• Members
Posted (edited)

1. I don't think so. 2. I think so. 

Unless there's a Canadian around, we'll only find out about the first 17 minutes of the show, tonight at 8 on Hulu. 

I'm wondering if this version of Lucy is about to be out at Deception. I call her the "STFU, Lucy " version compared to the Siggy version. (A duck she used to own named Sigmund.) I really liked Duck Girl. I do not care at all for this mouthy broad. 

I'm also wondering if Maxie might go to Crimson. She's a single parent of one of her children & 30% of what it used to be is not good enough value, I would guess. And what she takes home is tied to her shares.

So I rated Days 1 through 4 as 10 out of 10; Day 5 I gave 7 out of 10.  Day 6 pending till tonight. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts