GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Not a discussion that we had, except to note that since she said they let her know 6 months ago, that they were likely planning on how they would drop out NAC & so some things seem strange in the way they made use of Esme, Baby Ace, Spencer & Trina, pure fan spec & analysis. 

My personal opinion us that Frank and/or whomever simply did not want to change the character & were willing to lose her instead. Perhaps they had thought amnesia would be effective & when it wasn't they were fresh out of ammo. Why do you think they cut her loose? 

Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Members

I think that the producers really liked Avery Pohl but the writers didn't know what direction to go with Esme. When the production was dark in July they decided to write out the character when the regular writers returned from the strike. I think they told her she was being let go in August when production resumed. She continued working until December, so the long notice reflects an appreciation of her. I don't think the actress pissed off anybody behind the scenes.

• Members

No, I don't think she did either. I don't think this is in any way about bad behavior! Nope. I figure their working her longer than they thought reflects the confusion about when NAC would be gone. They thought he was going out before the strike, didn't happen, then the strike. I believe there was fair amount of logistical UGH. 

• Members

Rick Webber 2002

I wish they never did that crap. Rick only ever cheated with Monica. He was not a serial cheater. That was his brother Jeff.

He should be alive.

I love Sprina but honestly some of the Sprina fans on Twitter

Supposedly NAC unfriended Taby there  and some are like is he whitewashing GH

Nope, his twitter still has his GH tweets up from when he began on twitter

Some like to be petty and have conspiracy Theories  UGHHH

• Members

It went around ages ago that he scrubbed GH from everything. Also that he made his farewells to everyone at the studio. And whether these are just things going around or there is some kernel of truth driving the paranoia, etc. it's really totally irrelevant. It's up to GH. If they want him back when he finishes filming, supposedly in May, to have him for (I think) 45 days till end of June, they will have him back. If they prefer to go ahead & recast, they'll do that. No amount of fan discussion is going to make any difference! 

Some Sprina fans are delightful.

Then there are others. So, I hear you & I feel ya! 

• Members

I thought that Spencer would start airing again in May. You say that NAC might only start shooting again in May, so Spencer's return would then happen in June. They shoot July and August episodes in June, so 45 days of work would end up with 90 days of episodes. NAC would air from June to August.

• Members

They shoot out of order. And, at times WAY out of order. Something that is taped Monday could air 5 weeks later. Something that is taped Monday could air 2 days later. And, everything in between. It is not possible to do the kind of computation that you're thinking of. But, if he tapes for 6 weeks that might yield 6 weeks of air shows. Or it might yield more. It's just according.

And, he might not be brought back at all. 

I believe the latest info on when he will finish the Ryan Murphy project is May but I have no idea when in May. 

• Members

But it might just mean that someone new is doing PR for him & they told him unilaterally to "erase" the soap from his internet profile. Someone said he is no longer even following his family but just new people & people affiliated with Ryan Murphy. 

I want to share what one Jex shipper posted to illustrate what this past week was like for them. 

• Members

As a rule I do not FF anything on a soap I watch. IMO inevitably you will miss something & it might be something that is going to change where you might like it better, etc. But also I don't watch any soap for one character, one actor, one couple, I try to be open to the whole show. Now, I don't succeed. I have people on my personal cut lists, of course! Nothing could change my mind about my hatred of Violet, for example. Sexy Dexy & Joss are fairly hohum for me, though. No hatred centered there. It was hard to get myself to do that, not FF, but I just stuck with it. I wonder at times if I'm the only person crazy enough to force myself to watch things that make me go UGH. 

• Members

I went into a Twitter Spaces earlier being held by some of SprinaNation & just listened for awhile. People were speaking making a whole lot of sense. The topic basically was that NAC was not being racist by scrubbing his social media contacts, specifically including Taby. They pointed out that this is something many actors are asked to do & do for their current projects. Blake Lively completely changing all of her social media contacts for a movie was given as an example. One thing that was said that I've seen & heard a lot there is that when THE GATES is underway if GH is not giving good story to black actors, then they are outta there. I think that is a great example of the marketplace speaking loud & clear. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Honestly, why do people even care who NAC follows? He has no obligation to follow his current and former co-stars. Taby is/was his co-worker, not real life romantic partner. Some fans are just too rabid for their own good. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Actors who are active on social media tend to have other people from their show in their contacts. Most people find that natural. He did have both actresses who played Trina in his contacts & so he unfollowed both of them. But the larger picture is that he completely scrubbed all GH off of his profile, not that he singled them out. It's not odd that they reacted since they apparently weren't savvy to actor's "people" trying to conceal their soap backgrounds but if they don't calm down once offered information like that, sure, rabid. What I saw was people calming down, way down. I'm sure some will continue to harangue.